• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W211 or C204

Guest Raskie

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest funng

Bro, really depends many factors la. family, personal use, need for speed/thrill? style factor? ego booster? all need to consider, but the W211 with sports pack, seems like no diff. I'm driving E200 with sports pack, i feel just the suspension stiff.

i think if for speed/thrill. E230 not enough i think. my e200 sometimes alr feel like lorry. e230 might no be that much better( 500cc more, plus no kompressor, someone please correct me if they feel otherwise), maybe e280?

but comparing W211 and W204, i think its the size of the car la. bigger, more space for family/friends.

W211 more glam maybe, since the next higher is S/CLS? not everyone can understand or respect the C280 badge, ignorant ppl are everywhere.

If i had the choice, C280 with amg kit!

Guest angela

With the new E-class coming ... would you consider getting the current W211 E230 Sports Pack or W204 C280 ?

actually with all the good stuff i see in the new e class, i would wait for the new e class.

but if i had choose now, the E230 will only be "new" until the date its replacement comes. i love some of the freebies in the e class, so my teckkie side will choose the E...

but my legs will choose the C280 cuz of the POWER..., 3 litre vs 2.5 both NA, 3 litre FTW... whats more the c class has that nice colour audio 20, and i believe the SE might give u GPS for free or a lower cost if ya ask nicely...

but actually that kind of $ i will choose the SLK280...

end of the day, just choose the one that will give ur heart and soul a nice emotional driving experience.. which is what i love of my c180...

Guest Raskie

haha .. thanks for the inputs ... just think the new E might not be priced that attractively ... some pple are not bothered abt having new models (like some of my friends) and happy to get the out-going models but at very good prices with lots of freebies ..

but i'm kinda drawn to the 280's higher power and perhaps more oomph when the occasion requires it ? (ahem)...

i have seen both .. i thot the E still looks that little more regal and finishing looks cleaner and the C very sporty but somewhat lacking something ..

I doubt the SLk280 is in the same price range ... hehehe, have ask one of the member here who just booked one for more info but no reply ...

btw, i own the W211 before selling it off ....

Guest echodeltax

haha .. thanks for the inputs ... just think the new E might not be priced that attractively ... some pple are not bothered abt having new models (like some of my friends) and happy to get the out-going models but at very good prices with lots of freebies ..

but i'm kinda drawn to the 280's higher power and perhaps more oomph when the occasion requires it ? (ahem)...

i have seen both .. i thot the E still looks that little more regal and finishing looks cleaner and the C very sporty but somewhat lacking something ..

I doubt the SLk280 is in the same price range ... hehehe, have ask one of the member here who just booked one for more info but no reply ...

btw, i own the W211 before selling it off ....

Since you own a W211 before maybe you should try out the new W204!!

Then you can compare the both and share with us your personal hands-on Review!!