• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W124 key

Guest eokh

yo Boys !

my Grand Dame came with only 1 key... the original owner key

Need to fabricate 1 more piece

my Qn is

1. any electronics stuff associated with the key that does not permit me to duplicate the key at any locksmith ??

2. i was quoted $20 a key by some mom-&-pop shop ... is this a reasonable price ?

3. i am looking more towards a flat key (without the plastic overmolding) so that i can keep one in my wallet just in case

Can this be possible ??

many thanks in advance !!!

Guest angela

eokh ]

yo Boys !

my Grand Dame came with only 1 key... the original owner key

Need to fabricate 1 more piece

my Qn is

1. any electronics stuff associated with the key that does not permit me to duplicate the key at any locksmith ??

if your car key uses RFID which helps with keyless go den cannot.

i' wrote:

2. i was quoted $20 a key by some mom-&-pop shop ... is this a reasonable price ?

if come with remote i think $20 is reasonable, just the "key" alone den maybe a lil ex?

3. i am looking more towards a flat key (without the plastic overmolding) so that i can keep one in my wallet just in case

Can this be possible ??

many thanks in advance !!!

can, no problem.

except that ur car key will look like house key... kekekekekeke

hey Willy

nope... mine is a 91-er

so does not have all the geeky stuff like rfid and bluetooth and ir and etc etc.

its just a piece of metal.

and yes... the more i think about it, the angrier i am with that shop

20 buckaroos for a lousy pc of metal machined to shape ... not inclusive of replicating the local-fitted car alarm controller

i really dont mind it looks like a house key.... easy to keep in wallet

i always have this phobia of lock myself out of the car

happened to me once in my Jipun car.... vowed never to let that happen again.

Guest qes78

hey Willy

nope... mine is a 91-er

so does not have all the geeky stuff like rfid and bluetooth and ir and etc etc.

its just a piece of metal.

and yes... the more i think about it, the angrier i am with that shop

20 buckaroos for a lousy pc of metal machined to shape ... not inclusive of replicating the local-fitted car alarm controller

i really dont mind it looks like a house key.... easy to keep in wallet

i always have this phobia of lock myself out of the car

happened to me once in my Jipun car.... vowed never to let that happen again.

$20 is cheap already. I was quoted 50-60 in sg and about rm50 in JB. The merc key quite different from normal jipun car key...that one can do for $5-$6.

Where ur lobang man? I also want to duplicate

SERIOUS ?!

kidding me rite bro ??

i will be most happy to bring you there.... i not sure if they are open on sunday

i can take you there if you are willing to meet up with me.

Sat or Sun also can.... weekday after work also can

aside to all bros who want to duplicate W124 key

if you are interested and think this is the correct price... we can organize a mini meetup and do a group buy also

No,

I'm quite serious. Tt's why I refused to get an extra key. lucky i already have 2

ok ... i going to take a walk there later after lunch and ask if they are open on sun

then we decide how we want to arrange to go togther

cheers!

Guest mr w124

I agree. $20 is quite cheap. mine has a key for engine and another for the door. i duplicated the engine key but not the door (my mistake. gave the wrong key for duplication) got locked out of my car a week after that. the key cost $40. $20 sounds really good. Care to tell where's the place?

Many shops dont do it cos the key is different. even some mister minit outlets dont do it.

sure i can share the location

its near serangoon mrt / bus interchange

its a hardware shop facing boundary road

today's schedule was packed back to back ... havent had a chance to go over to find out the opening hours

slightly familiar with that area. is it the hardware shop near the laundromat?

i think so

there is a slip road directly right in front of the shop ... linking between the Serangoon Central and Serangoon Ave 3