• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

side mirror too small

Guest starnite

Guest starnite

HI Bro,

any solution for the side mirror? very small and diff to check my rear side when changing lane and reversing. Both left and right is cannot make it. Any wide angle mirror or something? Except those round stick on type.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mr w124

Actually, the mirrors come in two sizes which i guess u should already know. to me, i angle them both outwards to the blind spots. meaning, that when the image of a vehicle leaves the side of the rear view mirror, it should appear at your side mirror n then u should see the actual vehicle. Works for me. Only prob is when parking then u got to crane your neck a bit.

not too sure, i had heard that some W124's passenger mirror can tilt to check blind spot when put reversing! Can someone confirm?

I had wanted to change our RHD's passenger mirror to LHD's driver mirror which is the long type! But had a hard time looking for the auto type till i give up!

Who got contacts to look for LHD'S DRIVER MIRROR which is auto type?

Guest starnite

Thought the auto-tilt mirror only available in the newer merc? My friend driving a 04 c200, his is auto adjusted to check kerb when reversing. Cool...

Btw, I have seen some mirror with some stick on film...(i think so), that supposed to give some wide angle view? anyone seen it before?

Guest qes78

Thought the auto-tilt mirror only available in the newer merc? My friend driving a 04 c200, his is auto adjusted to check kerb when reversing. Cool...

Btw, I have seen some mirror with some stick on film...(i think so), that supposed to give some wide angle view? anyone seen it before?

Brudder, angle ur mirrors so that you only see the very tip of the rear fenders. Then get a wide rear view mirror and angle it so that you can see the blind spot of the driver's side. The passenger side blind spot should be visible when u turn ur head to check the passenger mirror. It takes awhile to get used to, but i removed the convex blind spot mirrors from the side mirrors cause i think they make the driver look very 'Lembu'.

I've driven like that for a year or so, never had any issues with blind spot.