• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Rain-sensor

Guest holmiumz

Guest holmiumz

hey guys, Im getting very frustrated with the rain sensor...any ways to turn it off or turn it to manual? the timing of wiper is horrendous...heavy rain or drizzling also super fast till the wiper judders badly (can feel as if the wiper will fly out anytime) ... really very pek chek :spiderman: :spiderman: :spiderman:

Guest echodeltax

hey guys, Im getting very frustrated with the rain sensor...any ways to turn it off or turn it to manual? the timing of wiper is horrendous...heavy rain or drizzling also super fast till the wiper judders badly (can feel as if the wiper will fly out anytime) ... really very pek chek :spiderman: :spiderman: :spiderman:

I think there are two settings for the auto rain-sensor. the first one is less sensitive, the second turn is more. if both settings the same then maybe something could be wrong.

My wiper also judders very badly the other day, so I went back to C&C to check. They told me that they have adjusted and clean my windscreen. Now seems better.

Guest colrc

the wipers should vary in speed according to the intensity of the rain and it should stop when the car is stationary, unless it is really raining cats and dogs. from yr description, better get back to C&C to check the sensor! i think you can switch off the auto function.

Guest echodeltax

the wipers should vary in speed according to the intensity of the rain and it should stop when the car is stationary, unless it is really raining cats and dogs. from yr description, better get back to C&C to check the sensor! i think you can switch off the auto function.

hmm... my wipers didnt stop when the car is stationary when raining. The wiper just slows down the number of wipes. I wish i could simply adjust the number of wipes i like rather than let the rain sensor do it.

Guest iactac

ya... me the same. Experienced this just yesterday morning when raining. Can't really control the sensor and I have to turn the switch everytime I want the wiper to work. If anyone kind soul knows how to turn it to manual, do share. I think the sensor only comes useful during heavy rain.... :2guns:

Guest echodeltax

ya... me the same. Experienced this just yesterday morning when raining. Can't really control the sensor and I have to turn the switch everytime I want the wiper to work. If anyone kind soul knows how to turn it to manual, do share. I think the sensor only comes useful during heavy rain.... :2guns:

There are 2 switches for the sensitivity of the rain sensor, if one of them can be modified to adjust as the "intermidant" type, like the number of wipes per min. and the other to remain as rain sensor.

maybe is as simple as adding some electrical resistor to it will do to make it the "intermidant" type. maybe some engineering bros here can invent one for us!! hahaha...

Guest iactac

my old car did have this function....see....the better (and more reliance on) the technology, the worst we might become....we actually removed something that might be useful in our day-to-day activities.

Guest kopimonster

ya confirm, can it turn off

Means what?? Can or cannot? How to do it?? must go back C&C again??

juz noticed my post, got typo, paisei, sure sounds wierd isnt it? :D

ok, anyways, wat i was trying to say was, the rain sensor can be turned off, but along with your wipers as well.

however, i find this feature, along with the "auto lights" (or watever you call it) useful, and i normally leave them in the "ON" position, level 1 (i think the wipers got 4 levels and a OFF position) and they will not kick in until its required and non-intrusive in anyway, and the auto wipers immediately stops when my wind screen is dried or it stopped raining, really hassle free if you ask me.

Guest Terence333

I got the same wiper streaking problem; bought a bottle of 'anti-streak' solution from Autobac.

And just pour a few ml into wiper water tank, problem solved.

Guest echodeltax

I got the same wiper streaking problem; bought a bottle of 'anti-streak' solution from Autobac.

And just pour a few ml into wiper water tank, problem solved.

Your wiper streaking problem= Judders??

Guest colrc

I"ve tried many solutions that claim to eradicate wiper judders. They were all short term effect as we need to keep the windscreen lubricated all the time! This means buying and buying the solutions. I resorted to merely keeping the windscreen clean with good car shampoo and nothing else - after replacing with a new set of silicon blades. This works!

Guest echodeltax

I"ve tried many solutions that claim to eradicate wiper judders. They were all short term effect as we need to keep the windscreen lubricated all the time! This means buying and buying the solutions. I resorted to merely keeping the windscreen clean with good car shampoo and nothing else - after replacing with a new set of silicon blades. This works!

Silicon blades?? From where?? Ours original is what type of blades??

Guest colrc

The latest blades are already silicon. there are after-market ones from Korea but mainly for non continental cars. alternately can buy bottle of silicon and apply to wiper blades. This helps a little to stop judders for a while.

Guest echodeltax

The latest blades are already silicon. there are after-market ones from Korea but mainly for non continental cars. alternately can buy bottle of silicon and apply to wiper blades. This helps a little to stop judders for a while.

Silicon can apply on the wiper blades?? Is it especially made for wipers only?? Spray on type? How to apply?? Can share what is the exact name pls??

My wipers sound very loud when wiping my windscreen that's why it judders badly i think. Is it normal??

I wonder if there is any adjustments on the wiper springs so that it wont touch the windscreen so hard then maybe wont judder anymore.

Guest kepiting1sg

This kind of silicon can or not --> :ky: :ky: :ky:...hehehehe! :offtopic:

After I sent my car for grooming by Zaino - they use their glass cleaner for the windscreen - after that my wiper very quiet even when the windscreen is slightly wet. I guess some people use RainX - that probably cost the blades to judder when the the RainX form a coat on the windscreen. Or it could have come from some windscreen washer solution.