• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

95 or 98

Guest Catalyst

Guest holmiumz

orh issit? hahaha me thot so good got brake assist or wat like the A4..hehe

bro, u just shift to left to drop gear...u can see the indicator changed from D to D3 or D4 or even D1 then u jus accelerate. more power you will get..can use to challenge ppl also if u dare :devil: :devil: :devil: but prepared to lose la :la: :la: :la:

W204 has the following:

Brake Assist System (BAS)

BAS operates in emergency braking situations. If you depress the brake pedal quickly, BAS automatically boosts the braking force, thus shortening the stopping distance.

Hill Start Assist

Hill start assist helps you when pulling away on uphill gradients. It holds the vehicle for a short time after you have removed your foot from the brake pedal. This gives you enough time to move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal and depress it before the vehicle begins to roll.

Guest angela

Hill Start Assist

Hill start assist helps you when pulling away on uphill gradients. It holds the vehicle for a short time after you have removed your foot from the brake pedal. This gives you enough time to move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator pedal and depress it before the vehicle begins to roll.

YES! i forgot about this.

means someone never read the manual...

Guest echodeltax

Hill Start Assist

YES! i forgot about this.

means someone never read the manual...

Wow!! Opps.... i didnt know our car got all these features leh!! hehehe...

Guest kopimonster

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and will like to share (maybe old news already) that Caltex are doing away with their Gold (98) and bringing in 92 to their range.

Well, the really tempting thing you can get out of this announcement is that their Platinum range is now selling as Gold (98) prices!

Yes, the Caltex pump attendent also told me the same thing. however, on closer inspection of my receipt, i notice that the price of the Premium was fixed at 1.670 per litre and was not discounted to 1.587. the only discount i got was because of the credit card i used. so i am interested to know is, did Caltex lowered its Premium petrol prices to 98 level or simply mark up the 98 prices to Premium to make believe we are getting a good deal?

Guest echodeltax

i was told before to stick to one type or brand of petrol... dunno if this is true or not?? anyway i have always been using Shell-98.

Not sure what is best for my new C-180?? Any experienced C-180 owner, old bird can recommend and share with us newbies here??

Guest kepiting1sg

i was told before to stick to one type or brand of petrol... dunno if this is true or not?? anyway i have always been using Shell-98.

Not sure what is best for my new C-180?? Any experienced C-180 owner, old bird can recommend and share with us newbies here??

Unker bird should be old enough...hehehehe!!!! :bootyshake:

When I had my W203 for 5 years - I ran it with Shell 95 & alternate with V-Power.

Never has the feel of power loss, engine response or problem whether I use 95 or V-Power.

I am currently doing the same thing on my W211.

Guest echodeltax

Yesterday pump V-Power at Shell-98 price!! hehehe...Hopefully can feel more power!!

Seldom get to drive my new C-180 around. is more than 1.5 mths old already, mileage just reached 1K only. spend alot of time staring at it and washing and polishing it though. ;)

love the shape!! it looks sooo sporty. just realised that nowadays i spend a lot of my time in my car park!! hahaha...

Guest echodeltax

i switch from esso/mobil 8000 to shell v power and the feel is very different. v power gives more aggresive response.

Yeah i felt it too!! my tank was empty, fuel warning light was up, so went to pump full tank of V-power...

just now when i drove my car i thought it felt more smooth and responsive because it almost run-in at 1000km already.

Then now you tell me i think is confirm because of V-Power!!

Guest CBlack

hi echodeltax, you can try pumping other brand after you use up the v power. you will definitely feel the difference. in my case, i sent my car for some fix up and the workshop used up my petrol till warning light come on. so when i collected my car, i went to the nearest petrol station which is shell and pump v power. when my petrol when low again, i went back to my normail esso/mobil 8000 and i feel the difference. initially, i didn't know it was because of the petrol. then when my petrol when down again, i fill it up with v power and the feel is back. now i am converted to v power :thumbsup:

Guest echodeltax

hi echodeltax, you can try pumping other brand after you use up the v power. you will definitely feel the difference. in my case, i sent my car for some fix up and the workshop used up my petrol till warning light come on. so when i collected my car, i went to the nearest petrol station which is shell and pump v power. when my petrol when low again, i went back to my normail esso/mobil 8000 and i feel the difference. initially, i didn't know it was because of the petrol. then when my petrol when down again, i fill it up with v power and the feel is back. now i am converted to v power :thumbsup:

i am convinced that V-Power is the best!! :)

Guest mbc230avg

The power difference is more apparent when driving at higher speeds and long distance. It is also smoother and quieter. With the power available, the surge in acceleration is more pronounce and the tendency is to drive at higher speeds to feel this surge. Think the consumption is higher though. But enjoy!

Hi folks,

I am tempted to switch over from ExxonMobil 8000,

what's the best discount and via which credit card???

:3some:

Hi Bro......

No need trouble....join a company with petrol allowance la.