• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Car cover in the hot sun

Merc Fan

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is parked under the sun on a daily basis (not for long-term storage), and even though it breaks my heart for it to be under the baking sun, I can never find the motivation to use a car cover mainly due to hassle of putting it on and taking it off. Most car covers aren't exactly scratch-proof, and even if it is, you'll have to ensure your ride's surface is free of minor debris such as road grim especially near the wheel arch, as those itself can also cause scratches. I would just look for lots with the least amount of sun coverage.

I have used car covers myself, and though its possible doing it alone, its best to have a mate to help you to prevent the cover from moving excessively.

If money is not an option for you, you may consider PPF or ceramic paint coatings.

3 hours ago, Revzport said:

Mine is parked under the sun on a daily basis (not for long-term storage), and even though it breaks my heart for it to be under the baking sun, I can never find the motivation to use a car cover mainly due to hassle of putting it on and taking it off. Most car covers aren't exactly scratch-proof, and even if it is, you'll have to ensure your ride's surface is free of minor debris such as road grim especially near the wheel arch, as those itself can also cause scratches. I would just look for lots with the least amount of sun coverage.

I have used car covers myself, and though its possible doing it alone, its best to have a mate to help you to prevent the cover from moving excessively.

If money is not an option for you, you may consider PPF or ceramic paint coatings.

Does the nano paint protection by C&C good enough?

Putting the cover is definitely quite a hassle! I really hate the scorching sun. I am also worry about the interior of the car as well. :( Did the blazing sun cause any damage to  your interior? 

12 hours ago, Merc Fan said:

Does the nano paint protection by C&C good enough?

Putting the cover is definitely quite a hassle! I really hate the scorching sun. I am also worry about the interior of the car as well. :( Did the blazing sun cause any damage to  your interior? 

Can't comment on C&C's product as my car wasn't bought from them.

As for interior damage, it caused the air bubble within my center armrest to expand. This is probably caused by hot air expansion. My dashboard however, is perfectly fine. I make it a point to clean it turtlewax's interior protectant every week.

A decent solar film would help protect your interior from harmful UV rays as well.

59 minutes ago, Revzport said:

Can't comment on C&C's product as my car wasn't bought from them.

As for interior damage, it caused the air bubble within my center armrest to expand. This is probably caused by hot air expansion. My dashboard however, is perfectly fine. I make it a point to clean it turtlewax's interior protectant every week.

A decent solar film would help protect your interior from harmful UV rays as well.

Your solar film didn't help to prevent the bubble in your car? 😞 How about add a cover your car like what jtang suggested? 

49 minutes ago, Merc Fan said:

Your solar film didn't help to prevent the bubble in your car? 😞 How about add a cover your car like what jtang suggested? 

Unfortunately not. The texture of the upholstery remained perfect, no signs of dryness or cracks, but the air inside was not spared. I believe that no matter how good a solar film is, cabin heat is inevitable.

Car covers isn't in my list of options yet, ultimately because I am lazy haha,