• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Now what?? Lowered my ride?

Guest blackmercs

Guest blackmercs

Ok i done with the rims, went to show off to my buddies. Suddenly one of them commented he is so envy with my new setup, coz i can wash my tyres without any difficulties. As there are huge gap in between my fender and tyres. He broke my heart and now i cant sleep or eat, damn it!!!

Guess is time to lower my ride. Been reading quite abit abt lowered the ride from here but cant decide which one to go for. I need comment and advise which is the best spring for my ride as i m on 18", now my front 225/40 about 3 fingers and rear 255x35 with 2 fingers gap.

Brand Workshop Location Price

1) Kleeman

2) H&R

3) Eibach pro kit

4) Koni

5) Others??

thanks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewC180

blackmercs, you better change your nick to modking liao la... moderators can change for him or not? haha.. just joking.

after lowering, you'll need BBK, then you'll need bodykit, then you'll realise that you should have changed to 19s, then you'll need to increase the power, then you'll need.......

it's a endless journey!!!

Ha ha ha! Happy modding!

Guest blackmercs

blackmercs, you better change your nick to modking liao la... moderators can change for him or not? haha.. just joking.

after lowering, you'll need BBK, then you'll need bodykit, then you'll realise that you should have changed to 19s, then you'll need to increase the power, then you'll need.......

it's a endless journey!!!

Ha ha ha! Happy modding!

heheh all my mod is cheapo one leh, poor man modding, hmmm did u mentioned bodykit?? Dont start anything hor, if not i cant sleep and eat liao leh.

hey bro, think you can start a "my CLC MODDING" thread liao! Anyway you should! :thumbsup:

Ok not to go :offtopic:

Since your CLC is an FL W203 coupe. I'm sure w203 's suspension you can go for it. Just see what you want it to look? Look like its slammed? Or just lowered a bit?

Slammed go for Kleemann :thumbsup: front will be like only half or one finger space, rear no finger space and if rear got people will see no tires! :thumbsup: but don't worry it won't hit your undercarriage! CBlack can confirm this! If you go for KLEEMANN go to MBM.

Just lowered a bit, than go for H&R, you won't regret it! Where i'm not sure but i think lots of workshop including MBM also have.

For me if i want lower, will go for Kleemann! :thumbsup:

Guest blackmercs

hey bro, think you can start a "my CLC MODDING" thread liao! Anyway you should! :thumbsup:

Since your CLC is an FL W203 coupe. I'm sure w203 's suspension you can go for it. Just see what you want it to look? Look like its slammed? Or just lowered a bit?

Slammed go for Kleemann :thumbsup: front will be like only half or one finger space, rear no finger space and if rear got people will see no tires! :thumbsup: but don't worry it won't hit your undercarriage! CBlack can confirm this! If you go for KLEEMANN go to MBM.

Just lowered a bit, than go for H&R, you won't regret it! Where i'm not sure but i think lots of workshop including MBM also have.

For me if i want lower, will go for Kleemann! :thumbsup:

haha thanks for the infro. In my opinion is eaiser to break the mod infro on individual thread, so as to reduce the searching and reading. Coz at times is quite tiring going thru the whole thread to search for the mod. I prefer ala carte style bcos individual can choose what they wanna mod. Well that's my own opinion and style for searching for infro. Ok, I will call MBM tml to enquiry on the Kleemann.

cheers

Guest leolh

blackmercs ]

Since your CLC is an FL W203 coupe. I' wrote:

haha thanks for the infro. In my opinion is eaiser to break the mod infro on individual thread, so as to reduce the searching and reading. Coz at times is quite tiring going thru the whole thread to search for the mod. I prefer ala carte style bcos individual can choose what they wanna mod. Well that's my own opinion and style for searching for infro. Ok, I will call MBM tml to enquiry on the Kleemann.

cheers

haha wah rims forgot bout me nvm this lowering springs i definitely want haha how much as price quote?

Guest blackmercs

haha wah rims forgot bout me nvm this lowering springs i definitely want haha how much as price quote?

Hmmm if you get more people think can get better price? Maybe add those in w203 sedans la?

Err i think w203 sedan and coupe is different as advised by some workshop.

Leolh the price ranges from $580 to $650, u wan?

Guest blackmercs

Eibach Pro Kit, i have already put down a desposit liao :clap:

wow liao, you fast hand fast legs hor!! :thumbsup:

hmmm can't wait to see your CLC on GTG!! :punk1:

Err i think got to wait for 6 to 8 weeks for the parts to come in. So for the time being, i can enjoy washing my front tyres, coz got so much space between the tyres and the fender. Hahahahaha

Guest leolh

paiseh bro. might not be doing up the car anymore hahaha. might be getting a new ride. the coupe actually belongs to my dad. hahahaha will seeya'll at GTG if i can make it! =)

Guest blackmercs

paiseh bro. might not be doing up the car anymore hahaha. might be getting a new ride. the coupe actually belongs to my dad. hahahaha will seeya'll at GTG if i can make it! =)

No problem, ask yr dad to log in here!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blackmercs

Finally!!! My springs is here liao. Check with many dealers, most of them requires 6 to 8 weeks. Lucky for me, my source manages to bring in within 2 weeks only.

Here is the pics for yr viewing pleasure :clap:

Eibach Pro Kit -

Front before installation

CIMG0526-1.jpg

Front after installation

IMG_0584.jpg

Rear before

CIMG0527-1.jpg

Rear after

IMG_0583.jpg

Spring Front - Left (Eibach) and Right (Stock)

IMG_0575.jpg

Spring Rear - Left (Stock) and Right (Eibach)

IMG_0576.jpg

Over all result, happy with the rear as for the front...........errr not too bad (ahem, spend money liao) !!! After installation, no diff from the stock in terms of handling etc.......... From now onwards washing my tyres not as easy as before liao........sian...........haiz............ :la:

Guest NewC180

Bro blackmercs, swee swee lao chwee liao la.. so now difficult to wash tyres happy liao la... haha...

Next, BBK, followed by changing your shocks! Ha ha...

The journey has begun!

Guest kepiting1sg

muahahaha kum sia kum sia. Next mods will be take quite awhile liao, no money and no honey liao. :punk1:

KNN! Let's all watch!

Soon U will be overwhelmed by more posions again...muahahaha! :evlaugh:

Guest blackmercs

muahahaha kum sia kum sia. Next mods will be take quite awhile liao, no money and no honey liao. :punk1:

KNN! Let's all watch!

Soon U will be overwhelmed by more posions again...muahahaha! :evlaugh:

hahah wont lah, from now got to mod something else. Hmmm on second thoughts, maybe will do abit here and there on cheapo mods, like sticker thingy. Coz is time to mod the interior!!!! muahahahahaha

hey unker, tell u my SIMPLE mod wishlist, keep it to yrself ok?? BBK all rounds, add on lips or fender etc, C/F the whole car, HID, piggyback, change to coilover and for audio add on a modular that can interface DVD, GPS, Front and Reverse camera, Ipod etc.................

Guest blackmercs

more poisons coming........ now u should try mine or cblack or 9339's car..... u will feel the difference immediately..................

Oh ok, i dont mind a taxi ride from you guys.

thanks

Guest kepiting1sg

hahah wont lah, from now got to mod something else. Hmmm on second thoughts, maybe will do abit here and there on cheapo mods, like sticker thingy. Coz is time to mod the interior!!!! muahahahahaha

hey unker, tell u my SIMPLE mod wishlist, keep it to yrself ok?? BBK all rounds, add on lips or fender etc, C/F the whole car, HID, piggyback, change to coilover and for audio add on a modular that can interface DVD, GPS, Front and Reverse camera, Ipod etc.................

Next GTG U have 2 free taxi rides! :rockon:

Just pick 1 or 2 items from your wish list :yumyum: every other week will be good. :thumbsup:

Lidat always got new things to look forward to.

Ko tan simi!

Mai Ko Tan!

Mai Ko Tu liao lah! :devil2:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kepiting1sg