• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My front speaker is causing rattling noise whenever I increase the volume

Guest mooncake

Guest mooncake

Hi,

I have changed a new set of front speakers from C&C recently. The strange thing is that it started to have rattling noise, like vibrating nosie on the front speaker whenever I pump up the volume. Initially i thought my speaker is torn and request C&C to change it. the noise came back again. Could it be the door panel that is loose? Please advise.

Thank you.

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi,

I have changed a new set of front speakers from C&C recently. The strange thing is that it started to have rattling noise, like vibrating nosie on the front speaker whenever I pump up the volume. Initially i thought my speaker is torn and request C&C to change it. the noise came back again. Could it be the door panel that is loose? Please advise.

Thank you.

Find an installer to troubleshoot for U.

If not the speaker "piak", probably speaker mounting loose or somewhere there's something loose in your door panel.

Guest mooncake

Hi,

Thank you.

Find an installer to troubleshoot for U.

If not the speaker "piak", probably speaker mounting loose or somewhere there's something loose in your door panel.

Thanks for the advise.

I went down down to C&C today. They checked the door panel, speaker rivets and even changed the speaker and the problem is still exist. They told me that the speaker RMS might not be able to support the greater BASS and TREBLE on Audio 20 comp. I am totally disappointed with the result.

Do you think by sound proofing the car doors will do the trick? Any recommended workshops?

Guest 777kenny

If the rattle is from the speaker itself, soundproofing the door will not help. The stock speakers (at least in the B-Class) are kind of low quality. Changing to aftermarket speakers (just the speakers, no need add Amp) not only improve the sound quality significantly, it may even solve that rattling problem ;)

Guest mooncake

If the rattle is from the speaker itself, soundproofing the door will not help. The stock speakers (at least in the B-Class) are kind of low quality. Changing to aftermarket speakers (just the speakers, no need add Amp) not only improve the sound quality significantly, it may even solve that rattling problem ;)

The speaker stop rattling whenever i hold on to the speaker casing. ???

Thinking of inserting a rubber strip around the speaker casing rim if that's help. Frankly speaking, i can't take this any longer I would love to enjoy the music while driving. :pray:

Guest kepiting1sg

Thanks for the advise.

I went down down to C&C today. They checked the door panel, speaker rivets and even changed the speaker and the problem is still exist. They told me that the speaker RMS might not be able to support the greater BASS and TREBLE on Audio 20 comp. I am totally disappointed with the result.

Do you think by sound proofing the car doors will do the trick? Any recommended workshops?

IMHO C&C reply to U is full of BS! Speaker cannot support Audio20 Command!!! :2guns:

Please find time to speak to my installer please. Say Unker Batam KP Seah sent U! ;D

Sam Tan

Swift Motion

9 Kaki Bukit Road 1

Eunos Technolink #03-11

Tel: 62966330

Guest mooncake

Thanks for the advise.

IMHO C&C reply to U is full of BS! Speaker cannot support Audio20 Command!!! :2guns:

Please find time to speak to my installer please. Say Unker Batam KP Seah sent U! ;D

Sam Tan

Swift Motion

9 Kaki Bukit Road 1

Eunos Technolink #03-11

Tel: 62966330

Thanks for your help. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kepiting1sg

Is it posible to isntall an active subwoofer and tweeters to the B170 ? will that cause any problems ?

thanks

A warm welome to SGMerc! :welcome:

Please enjoy your stay with us!

Sorry! I am not familar with your B170 but it should have come with the stock audio system.

IMHO,

The stock audio system should have come with a pair of tweeters(A pillars), pair of mid/woofers(doors)

and a sub somewhere in your ride.

Why do U wanna add tweeters and an active subwoofer to your stock ICE?

Active subwoofer - most of them are quite boomy!

The stock system does not has power amps to drive your aftermarket speakers eg. component set.

The stock system has only low power Mosfet amplification to drive the stock speakers.

There are many ways to upgrade your B170 stock system depending on your budget and what U are looking for.

U may lose partly or fully your audio controls on your steering depending on your mods.

I have tore up the whole stock ICE in my previous W124 with after market equipment.

I have tore up partially, kept the stock HU/CD Changer and add on after market ICE hardwares in my previous W203

I kept my current W211 stock.

Pls. join us in the coming GTG at Kallang Stadium Car Park F this coming Sunday 29th Mar from 4.30pm to 6.30 pm.

BTW - Please post your Q in the relevant SGMerc I/C/E folder.