• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe Official Unveiling in Geneva

keltanky

2010-mercedes-benz-e-class-coupe-at-geneva_1.jpg

We've seen countless spy photos and prototypes in various stages of camouflage, but the real deal is finally here: Mercedes has officially unveiled the 2010 E-Class Coupe at Geneva. The new E-Class coupe replaces the CLK, and joins the sedan on an all-new chassis. The car goes on sale in Europe this May.

2010-mercedes-benz-e-class-coupe-at-geneva.jpg

The dramatic, pillarless window styling is reminiscent of the larger CL coupe, and gives the E-Class' new lines a distinctively sporty edge. A broad, chiseled chin and flared rear fenders give the E-Class Coupe an aggressive look and a strong brand identity, a vital component of success in the luxury-coupe market.

mercedes-benz-e-class-coupe-2010-my_1.jpg

The E-Class Coupe debuts with five models: three gasoline and two diesels. The 204-horsepower four-cylinder E 250 CGI and 292-horse V6 E 350 CGI gasoline engines feature direct-injection fuel delivery that improves fuel economy by up to 14 percent over the outgoing CLK. V8 power comes in the form of the E 500 and a bell-ringing 388 horsepower. An AMG version is expected to bow later in the year. On the diesel side, the E 250 CDI features an all-new 2.5 liter twin-turbo four-cylinder with common-rail injection. Horsepower is the same as the gasoline four-cylinder, but torque is up to 500 Nm, an improvement of almost 200 Nm over the E 250 CGI. The turbocharged common-rail V6 is also still available, in the E 350 CDI.

mercedes-benz-e-class-coupe-2010-my.jpg

Riding on the new E-Class chassis means that the sedan's innovations are available on the coupe as well. The breaking-news driver drowsiness detection, road sign recognition, PRE-SAFE impact-reduction system, adaptive headlamps and pedestrian-protecting Active Bonnet features from the E-Class sedan are shared with the coupe. An Agility Control active suspension is also offered. Mercedes will offer a Dynamic Driving package on the E-Class coupe that allows the driver to adjust suspension settings.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Raskie

hmmm ... E250 me guess sedan in the region of $188 - $195 and coupe in the region of $200 - $205 ?

the diesel twin-turbo E250CDI sounds devilish ... upto 500nm torque !

Guest angela

hmmm ... E250 me guess sedan in the region of $188 - $195 and coupe in the region of $200 - $205 ?

so cheap? maybe in this times... but i think e250 surely over 200k...

hard top cab won't be launch till next year Q3.

Think daimler will launch the sedan and coupe together first possible Q3 this year. Think the price won't differ too much. BUT OPTIONS ALL THE WAY, NOT ALL STANDARD LOR. :banghead:

The soft top cab should launch slightly later possible Q1 2010, this confirm more $. No need to say lor.

Hard top cab lagi more $.

Guest Raskie

so cheap? maybe in this times... but i think e250 surely over 200k...

Maybe to garner in the buyers' interests ? But if priced correctly, could be a hit ... :clap:

The Lexus GS450H is asking about $172K after all the discounts ... so, maybe possible ::)

Anyway me bo-lui... so not talk so much ... :ninja:

Guest Raskie

not yet ... going to soon .. i drove the GS300 but found it too silky smooth and 'cocoon'-like .. really stress-free driving but it just lacks something ...

i'm thinking of the 450H because of the hp/torque but yet comes with lower consumption and greener too

:)

• 2 weeks later...

There's an ad in today's classified.new 09 CLK/E Klasse Coupe immediate delivery with pic of the new E Klasse coupe also..so very keen,i called..Answered by BW (The PI) so i asked if its for viewing,how much n what specs and can i go down n view it now.The SE said that he was only gauging response on this vehicle.so that they can gauge how many to order..i feel cheated man..how can u say immediate delivery when u don't even have the car to show in the 1st place? :swduel:

There's an ad in today's classified.new 09 CLK/E Klasse Coupe immediate delivery with pic of the new E Klasse coupe also..so very keen,i called..Answered by BW (The PI) so i asked if its for viewing,how much n what specs and can i go down n view it now.The SE said that he was only gauging response on this vehicle.so that they can gauge how many to order..i feel cheated man..how can u say immediate delivery when u don't even have the car to show in the 1st place? :swduel:

This is why i always say.....Find the right PI.

Once i kenna from them too even i know the boss, it was a used car....Price advertise look attractive, but after i went down...it is price after cash back. :banghead:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TuMMyBeaR

This car should be interesting..... As of now, from what I know is that there is only the coupe.

As for the cab, Daimler has not launch the car yet. Its still not confirm whether it will be a soft-top or vario-roof yet.

Stay tune guys.... Will update once I have the info..... :)

Have a pic of this car as my desktop pic to remind myself to work hard to buy this car.... its going to be another winner from the MB range.... :clap:

Woo!!! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...