• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Spare tyre out of my ride!!!

Guest blackmercs

Guest redhood

I just took out my spare tyres from my ride. I wonder how many have you done that too, any concerns? :tazzie:

I did that when petrol prices were shooting up and haven't put it back. Never thought abt it until my wife's car had a puncture on ECP. Had to change to the spare myself cos' it was too long to wait for a tow truck. Now I'm thinking of putting the spare back in my car.

Guest angela

I did that when petrol prices were shooting up and haven't put it back. Never thought abt it until my wife's car had a puncture on ECP. Had to change to the spare myself cos' it was too long to wait for a tow truck. Now I'm thinking of putting the spare back in my car.

run flats to save the day.

Guest angela

Heard they were noisy and uncomfortable.

using them on my 5ser now... no complains so far, from my passengers as well, bearing in mind that the 5ser has one of the worst sound proofing of a car in its range (my opinion, others may differ). as for comfort wise, my c class feels more uncomfortable on P0s... (i think, can't remember)

run flats gave me plenty of room for error in m'sia when travelling on the high way, makes me feel safer at high speed knowing my tyre wont totally deflate (of course i know spin and near total loss of ctrl will happen over 100kmph), also, theres always the temptation of running a road block and spike strip knowing they can't stop u for the next 80km... kekekeke ;) jkjk hor, dun try...

if i got extra $ in pocket, it'll be runflats always, all the time.

Guest angela

Interesting... Can u give me a gauge of how much it cost for ur tyre size? May consider for my next change for my SLK. Thanks!

PML quoted $500 per tyre for runflats 17", $300 for std non runflats.

my tires are balding so looking for a replacement soon..