• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

OEM absorber

jtauto

Hi,

I am new here and i have just bought a '07 C200.

I need to change the absorber but was contemplating whether to use back original or OEM.

1) Have any bros here ever used OEM for the FRONT absorber (including mounting, dust cover, stopper & bearing all OEM) combined with original absorber (full set) for the REAR.

2) is it advisable to use OEM parts for the charge (upper) & lower arm including the anti-roll bar linkage in combination with (1)

Thank you guys inadvance

Josh

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Anyone have update on prices for those workshop genuine mercedes shocks plus mounting plus cover form germany?

I am going to change my front and rear and got quoted all in with labour is around $2000 to $2400 range.

Is it expensive for a merc e class 2010?

is it  normal for your shocks to be working fine even after 10yrs? My mileage now already over 100,000km...

I did the normal suspension test of pushing at letting it bounce.. but it is normal, 1 bounce finished.

• 2 months later...

Ok my update..
I change to OEM Sachs ... and within a month, the ride became super bouncy... to the point of wanting to vomit.. sibey bouncy and swaying..

yesterday, after 2 months, i buay tahan liao...

I changed to Bilstein..and yes... what everyone say is correct... Just go for Bilstein. Don't bother with Sachs..

On 3/17/2020 at 4:21 PM, Wil said:

Ok my update..
I change to OEM Sachs ... and within a month, the ride became super bouncy... to the point of wanting to vomit.. sibey bouncy and swaying..

yesterday, after 2 months, i buay tahan liao...

I changed to Bilstein..and yes... what everyone say is correct... Just go for Bilstein. Don't bother with Sachs..

Which Bilstein model did you go for? 

On 3/23/2020 at 9:16 AM, mamboman said:

Which Bilstein model did you go for? 

I saw this guy decked out in bilstein helmet and uniform arrived with the stuff on his bike.

Should be the black OE B4.  Coz i saw they are all Black pair.. not the yellow one