• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Xenons lights installation on W203

Guest nismo502

Guest nismo502

Cannot get over the fact that Sonata Taxi has Xenons but not me. So I got HIDs from Clarke Wan, sent it to Nam Sing(Mercedes Workshop) to install and send it back to Clarke for focusing again.

No check light from the installation as Nam Sing is able access Mercedes ECU and set the parameter "Xenon Present" to "TRUE". But I have to send it back to Clarke for refocusing as the light was in a mess initially, it was scattered all over. Clarke is probably the only person whom I know of and can do this properly and neatly.

mercsc200withce4300kconversion.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Cklasse

The original W203 halogen light has no projection lens, so trying to focus a xenon light is not going to be perfect.

I bought the whole xenon light assembly housing and it has no focus problem.

Guest nismo502

The original W203 halogen light has no projection lens, so trying to focus a xenon light is not going to be perfect.

I bought the whole xenon light assembly housing and it has no focus problem.

ya, initially I was having trouble getting it focused. Clarke did a fantastic job sorting the focus problem out for me. It is now just as good when I compared to my buddie's OEM Xenon, if not better. Somehow mine felts brighter.

Anyway, at a fraction of the price to OEM, what more could i ask for.

Guest Cklasse

I agree it looks brighter in a non projection lens housing, I noticed on other cars too. The real test will come when on dark Malaysian road, will the light throw far enough? will it cover the right area ahead? anyway, it is not so important on Singapore road, and it looks good with a fraction of the xenon cost. Enjoy your new light and remember to come to the meetup. :thumbsup:

Guest nismo502

I agree it looks brighter in a non projection lens housing, I noticed on other cars too. The real test will come when on dark Malaysian road, will the light throw far enough? will it cover the right area ahead? anyway, it is not so important on Singapore road, and it looks good with a fraction of the xenon cost. Enjoy your new light and remember to come to the meetup. :thumbsup:

Would love to come for meeting and I have been wanting to do so. But no opportunity to do so. Bad timing for me.

Am also concern about light throw. Am making a trip up north next week for TCC trackday if my trackcar is ready. Will update what is the comparison for light throw compared to OEM Xenons. Having said that, if there are still problems, a set of aftermarket Projectors for W203 is like 300usd and lesser, then again, good things are not cheap, cheap things may not be good I guess :)