• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mobridge Interface unit

Guest camelot

Guest camelot

Heard about it before but not familiar. Functions seem similar to Dension Gateway 500. Maybe can find out whether there is price difference.

It's a little different from Dension Gateway 500. Dension has it's iPod and Bluetooth as 2 separate module, not sure can combine or not. Secondly, I am not sure if it fully tested for integration with HU and steering control. Lastly, I think Dension only support up to 2002 models.

The mObridge is alot more advance in terms of setup, with bluetooth and ipod fully integrated into 1 device. Test and trial for most Merc to work (whether you have command aps, audio 20 or audio 50). Bluetooth phone support also quite extensive, they got a list in the website.

I found out from them that the only installer for them is Mobycar. I heard of them as people who did the integration of Apple Mini computer into the car. They probably use the mObridge unit to interface with steering control and HU. Not sure if they willing to just install mObridge.

The unit for mObridge is a lot more costly than Dension, but if you consider having iPod and Bluetooth phone enabled to work fully with HU, it's not that expensive afterall. I see most website listed the unit at about SGD$1000 to SGD$1200. Will check out and more info.

Regards,

Ed

Guest kepiting1sg

Heard about it before but not familiar. Functions seem similar to Dension Gateway 500. Maybe can find out whether there is price difference.

It's a little different from Dension Gateway 500. Dension has it's iPod and Bluetooth as 2 separate module, not sure can combine or not. Secondly, I am not sure if it fully tested for integration with HU and steering control. Lastly, I think Dension only support up to 2002 models.

The mObridge is alot more advance in terms of setup, with bluetooth and ipod fully integrated into 1 device. Test and trial for most Merc to work (whether you have command aps, audio 20 or audio 50). Bluetooth phone support also quite extensive, they got a list in the website.

I found out from them that the only installer for them is Mobycar. I heard of them as people who did the integration of Apple Mini computer into the car. They probably use the mObridge unit to interface with steering control and HU. Not sure if they willing to just install mObridge.

The unit for mObridge is a lot more costly than Dension, but if you consider having iPod and Bluetooth phone enabled to work fully with HU, it's not that expensive afterall. I see most website listed the unit at about SGD$1000 to SGD$1200. Will check out and more info.

Regards,

Ed

I will be interested too but who's goin to instal for us? :banghead:

I dun even mind to buy a Command APS overseas but who's goin to instal for us too. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Guest camelot

Batam Cheem ]

It' wrote:

I will be interested too but who's goin to instal for us? :banghead:

I dun even mind to buy a Command APS overseas but who's goin to instal for us too. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Mobycar (Tangs bro) is the only local (singapore) installer. But not sure if they will to do it, and even if they do, not sure how much... I am checking with them already.

-ed

Guest redhood

thanks Camelot :clap:

but, like I said in another thread, the Mobridge application guide http://www.mobridgeinc.com/webfm_send/1 stated that it cannot support text for Audio 20 & 50. So only Command would be able to get text. :banghead:

Actually, I'm quite bemused by the Moby guys putting a MacMini in the car. I don't think there's anywhere to hide a MacMini in my SLK, but if there is, I would like to see what it can do. :bboyspin:

Guest camelot

thanks Camelot :clap:

but, like I said in another thread, the Mobridge application guide http://www.mobridgeinc.com/webfm_send/1 stated that it cannot support text for Audio 20 & 50. So only Command would be able to get text. :banghead:

Actually, I'm quite bemused by the Moby guys putting a MacMini in the car. I don't think there's anywhere to hide a MacMini in my SLK, but if there is, I would like to see what it can do. :bboyspin:

I received a quote for the mObridge bluetooth + iPod (including installation) from Mobycar. Not cheap... approximately S$1800.

I suppose the equipment is about S$1200, so charging S$600 for installing that kit is a little expensive, since it's pretty much plug inline. I will check with them if they can reduce the installation cost. Since I have the command APS, text is possible.

Will find out whether they can do text integration on Audio 20 / 50.

As for the MacMini, maybe they can put it in the boot ? since you don't really need to access it, unless you need to slot in disc.

-ed

Guest kepiting1sg

I received a quote for the mObridge bluetooth + iPod (including installation) from Mobycar. Not cheap... approximately S$1800.

I suppose the equipment is about S$1200, so charging S$600 for installing that kit is a little expensive, since it's pretty much plug inline. I will check with them if they can reduce the installation cost. Since I have the command APS, text is possible.

Will find out whether they can do text integration on Audio 20 / 50.

As for the MacMini, maybe they can put it in the boot ? since you don't really need to access it, unless you need to slot in disc.

-ed

If they can do the bluetooth + iPod for the Audio 20, myself & probably Bro sy69u might be interested and as a group, they should have better discount.

Please check with them! Thks.

BTW Bro sy69u, I went down to Benzline today - George told me that EuroArt Gmbh don't sell Command APS but if we buy overseas, they can instal.

Sound interesting too....heheheh! ;D

Guest sy69u

Batam Cheem ]

I suppose the equipment is about S$1200, so charging S$600 for installing that kit is a little expensive, since it' wrote:

If they can do the bluetooth + iPod for the Audio 20, myself & probably Bro sy69u might be interested and as a group, they should have better discount.

BTW Bro sy69u, I went down to Benzline today - George told me that EuroArt Gmbh don't sell Command APS but if we buy overseas, they can instal.

Sound interesting too....heheheh! ;D

btw unker, my car comes with the command gps & dvd screen. how arh?

Guest kepiting1sg

With Command GPS & DVD Screen, then yours should be easy to have iPod & Bluetooth phone integration mah?

Have you check with C & C what they can do for you?

Guest camelot

sy69u ]

Batam Cheem ]

I suppose the equipment is about S$1200, so charging S$600 for installing that kit is a little expensive, since it' wrote:

BTW Bro sy69u, I went down to Benzline today - George told me that EuroArt Gmbh don' wrote:

It's the same as mine. I have the command aps with gps & dvd. If you install the mObridge bluetooth interface, you will have access to bluetooth (phone) and iPod. You can use the default phone function on the steering and HU for the bluetooth and be able to access full functionality for iPod.

-ed

Guest sy69u

With Command GPS & DVD Screen, then yours should be easy to have iPod & Bluetooth phone integration mah?

c&c said got aux but dont have the lobang to plug in the cable ..... wtf.....

Guest sy69u

camelot ]

sy69u ]

BTW Bro sy69u, I went down to Benzline today - George told me that EuroArt Gmbh don' wrote:

It's the same as mine. I have the command aps with gps & dvd. If you install the mObridge bluetooth interface, you will have access to bluetooth (phone) and iPod. You can use the default phone function on the steering and HU for the bluetooth and be able to access full functionality for iPod.

-ed

ya but its so ex... i rather change the whole system to alpine.. cheaper some more......

Guest camelot

sy69u ]

camelot ]

sy69u ]

It' wrote:

ya but its so ex... i rather change the whole system to alpine.. cheaper some more......

I also contemplated on that... but I thought it's a waste to lose the gyro on the GPS (which most of the GPS aren't equip with) and a pity since the command APS + GPS + DVD cost a bomb when installed.

By the way, if you install a different system, will you still be able to control from steering wheel ? Is there an interface unit ?

-ed

Guest narmi

did i hear somebody used the word F**K and Lobang in the same sentence?????

where? :yumyum: where? :yumyum:

Guest sy69u

did i hear somebody used the word F**K and Lobang in the same sentence?????

where? :yumyum: where? :yumyum:

datuk, datuk...... u really LOS lah..... go shoot some paintBALLS...............