• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Display Brightness

Guest merc2009

Guest merc2009

Hi

Anyone know if its possible to lower the brightness of the Audio system screen ?

I find it quite bright, bordering on irritating at night.

Also is it possible to adjust the brightness of the speedo/tacho ? Normally cars have a dial (roller) to do this placed next to the one for the headlights. None in the B.

Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Anyone know if its possible to lower the brightness of the Audio system screen ?

Also is it possible to adjust the brightness of the speedo/tacho ? Normally cars have a dial (roller) to do this placed next to the one for the headlights. None in the B.

Thanks.

keltanky is correct, the reset button on the dashboard, u can just turn it anticlockwise to lower the display brightness if you are using the audio 20 radio... do note that by doing that, u will lower the brightness of ur dashboard and radio as both are connected and should emit the same amount of brightness level.

Guest merc2009

Hi

Thanks.

keltanky is correct, the reset button on the dashboard, u can just turn it anticlockwise to lower the display brightness if you are using the audio 20 radio... do note that by doing that, u will lower the brightness of ur dashboard and radio as both are connected and should emit the same amount of brightness level.

Tried the reset button and it only adjust the brightness on the dash and not the audio display. Thanks anyway. :iconsalut:

Fiddled with the audio system and found the brightness setting control under 'system settings'. It was default set at maximum. Toned it down to level 6 (max is 10). Now happier with the brightness level. :clap:

But does that mean mine is not the Audio 20 system ? Mine has the 6 disc CD changer with the slot at the top of audio display screen.

Hi

Thanks.

not sure if the B class has the same function as the W204. for the audio system screen, you can set day or night display mode or leave it auto and it will change according to the light condition.

But does that mean mine is not the Audio 20 system ? Mine has the 6 disc CD changer with the slot at the top of audio display screen.

glad u solved ur problem. =)

audio 20

audio%2020.jpg

command aps

t_comand_audio_02.jpg

both have 6 cd changer and slot at the bottom...

maybe urs is the newer audio system?

mercedes_benz_c_class_c300_luxury_sedan_2009_dashboard_12.jpg?x=640&n=1&q=90&sig=Ro79R.4q9RBO1780aO5lOg--

Guest merc2009

Hi

Thanks.

not sure if the B class has the same function as the W204. for the audio system screen, you can set day or night display mode or leave it auto and it will change according to the light condition.

Yes, its the one that can set day or night design as well as auto.

Think its not the Audio 20 cos the CD slot is on top instead of below.

Wait I take pix and post.

The Audio 20 in new Facelift B looks like this...

Yes, its the one that can set day or night design as well as auto.

Think its not the Audio 20 cos the CD slot is on top instead of below.

Wait I take pix and post.

awww man... you guys are lucky to get the colour screen... i wan!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest angela

er.....just to check, is the Audio20 a 6 disc or single disc ?

6 disc changer in the glove compartment / boot and single disc slot in the front, so u get the best of both worlds.

:offtopic: although last time my w202 got 10 cd changer in boot with a blangput system i :love7: