• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Turning Steering around 3/4 to full-lock can hear cranking noise

Guest echodeltax

Guest echodeltax

Dear Bros,

I noticed that while parking my new C-180 (W204), when turning my steering wheel about 3/4 to full-lock, i can hear soft cranking noise coming from the front wheel area. Not sure if this is normal??

Any new C-180 owners facing the same problem??

Many Thanks!! :)

Guest echodeltax

I dun have this prob leh...how u turn got the sound?

The sound is actually quite soft.... but i can hear it when i do a full-lock to turn the steering wheel max right/left when doing reverse parking...

Sometimes i cant the sound cos some car park floor makes squeaky noises with my tyres.

Anyway, I made a call today to C&C, and was told that if the noise is persistent, i could bring the car back for a check.

Thanks Bro... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest echodeltax

Just an update...

I went to C&C to see if they could rectify the noise and was told that it is "normal". The sound is very soft and there is nothing damaging to my new car. :(

Dear Bros... those who are driving the new C-180, can pls help me check....

When your car is stationary or when during parking at very slow speed, and you turn your steering from about around 3/4 to full-lock can you hear any cranking or knocking sound?? (Not the tyres rubbing sound)

Many thanks!!

Guest echodeltax

Hi i face the same problem with you, send my car for servicing 2 weeks ago but the problem is not solve yet. Have to go one more time to talk to them

Hi,

How old is your car?? My car only 1 month old leh....

Looks like C&C really cant solve this problem instantly or maybe this sound is common in all the new C-180... :(

Guest Archer

Just an update...

I went to C&C to see if they could rectify the noise and was told that it is "normal". The sound is very soft and there is nothing damaging to my new car. :(

Dear Bros... those who are driving the new C-180, can pls help me check....

When your car is stationary or when during parking at very slow speed, and you turn your steering from about around 3/4 to full-lock can you hear any cranking or knocking sound?? (Not the tyres rubbing sound)

Many thanks!!

yo..

No knocking sounds from mine when I do a full lock but there is another kind of noise which I cant describe in words...weird sound which doesnt really bother me unless its smthg that I should be concerned abt (touch wood)..but back to ur question, no cranking or knocking sound from my C180...

Guest sonnychann

I have w203, 55K mileage now. I got exactly the same sound coming from front driver side.

It happened when i reverse and turn the wheel to full or near full cycle.

Since i am not reversing most of the time, i just put up with it.

Guest echodeltax

I have w203, 55K mileage now. I got exactly the same sound coming from front driver side.

It happened when i reverse and turn the wheel to full or near full cycle.

Since i am not reversing most of the time, i just put up with it.

Why dont you try to get it fixed?? Is this common problem for C-180?? I feel that whenever a car has weird noise it means that something is not right or fitted properly.

Guest echodeltax

Dear bros, just an update....

got my car fixed already. now no more sound when turning my steering while reverse and parking car. C&C managed to rectify for me finally!! :) The sound was really soft but can still hear. need to find a very patient mechanic. i am not sure exactly what they did, but now really no more cranking noise....hehehe...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest echodeltax

What causes this sound? I have it on my RX-8 and it's really quite scary every time I park the car.

I didnt ask the service advisor what exactly caused the sound. they said they adjusted already cos it was touching something.

initially when i heard this sound, they told me it was normal. then i decided purposely go down and get it fixed. the sound was very soft, i had a hard time getting them to listen to the sound. sianz....