• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Dension Gateway 500 for Audio 20

Guest redhood

Guest redhood

Has anyone here installed the Dension Gateway 500 here? Apparently, it can allow iPod, USB and aux connection and retain steering controls. At abt $1k, it is not cheap but retains the neat and coherent look of the dashboard while freeing up the media options.

What do u guys think?

Guest kepiting1sg

Has anyone here installed the Dension Gateway 500 here? Apparently, it can allow iPod, USB and aux connection and retain steering controls. At abt $1k, it is not cheap but retains the neat and coherent look of the dashboard while freeing up the media options.

What do u guys think?

Seem that they do include module for blue tooth car kit too.

Found 2 sellers on eBay - Dunno who in SG can instal it!

Who wanna be guinea pig?......hehehehe! ;D

For Audio20/Audio50

Gateway 500

Part no. GW51MO2 / GW51D2B

$499.99 - Free Shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dension-Gateway-500-GW500-iPod-USB-Aux-Adapter-GW51MO2_W0QQitemZ180326352295QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Electronics_Parts_Accessories?hash=item180326352295&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

EUR 389.00 or Best Offer

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gateway-500-iPod-Anschluss-Mercedes-Smart-Dension_W0QQitemZ350161761768QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMP3_Player_Zubeh%C3%B6r

Can checkout this on-line site too!

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Kit/For_Factory_Fitted_Radios/Mercedes_iPod_Car_Kit

Guest redhood

Aye, uncle. Thanks for the ebay links. Quite ex leh, sekali buy already cannot install, :'(

Pin Liang has it and can install. The nice man there told me that must buy the correct one for my car, cos' Audio 20 also got many versions apparently. Dension 500 got different specs as well. So complicated, so I thought maybe got guinea pig here already, can share the experience with us :P

Guest kepiting1sg

Aye, uncle. Thanks for the ebay links. Quite ex leh, sekali buy already cannot install, :'(

Pin Liang has it and can install. The nice man there told me that must buy the correct one for my car, cos' Audio 20 also got many versions apparently. Dension 500 got different specs as well. So complicated, so I thought maybe got guinea pig here already, can share the experience with us :P

This one looks like the most appropriate 1 after reading the description & the vague instal guide.

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/Dension_ice%3ELink_Gateway_500_-_Mercedes_MOST_fiber_optic

Pin Liang got durian pow chiak one or not i.e fully intergrated with steering wheel control + text on Audio 20?

Do Pin Liang cums with the Dension Blue Tooth adapter + IPod Cradle or not?

If like Cat Mountain King Durian, I might die die go for it....hehehehe ;D

BTW last weekend @ Carrefour Plaza Singapura, I bought a "Sonic" IPod cradle for $11.40 for future possible intergration. The cradle built quite solid.

It cums with IPod input jack, 12VDC input jack, RCA out.

My Batam ride I managed to have IPod intergration with the after market Panasonic DVD HU.

Everything swee swee with the LCD touch screen control.

The temptation is always great with 1000s of songs at your finger tips. :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum:

If U have more info on the Dension from Pin Liang - let me know please! :thumbsup:

Guest redhood

Pin Liang told me he can confirm steering controls, but text is unlikely. No mention of Bluetooth. Whether durian pao chiak or not depends on negotiation, I think. He looked quite confident as he personally looked at my system (r171'06 Audio20). Oh, he also say iPod connection can charge and play iPhone, which was what I wanted.

Guest kepiting1sg

Pin Liang told me he can confirm steering controls, but text is unlikely. No mention of Bluetooth. Whether durian pao chiak or not depends on negotiation, I think. He looked quite confident as he personally looked at my system (r171'06 Audio20). Oh, he also say iPod connection can charge and play iPhone, which was what I wanted.

May I know who in Pin Liang U spoke too and how much they quoted you?

On the web, it said the BTA 1500 is for blue tooth phone connection to the Dension Gateway 500.

iPhone I don't have yet :banghead:

Nano 3G,4G, Shuffle, ITouch I have.....hehehehe ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

if it will work on my command system, i will get it. any idea if it has an aux input for video?

Hi Simon,

I think it will not work on our Audio 20 unlike some Audio 20 when U press the CDC button a few times, U will see it change to Aux Input.

Maybe should ask MBM if we buy our Command from overseas, will they be able to instal it to our ride.

I contacted Pin Liang on-line still has no reply!

If we can use Dension - they have an optional BTA1500 Blue Tooth Car Kit that goes with it.

Bro 69, maybe U check with Pin Liang on the Dension.

I contacted C&C - this is their msg.

Dear Mr Seah,

Thank you for your enquiry via our website.

With regards to your concern, we regret to inform you that for the 2007

E-Class model that came without the command, it is not possible to

install/retrofit an auxiliary audio input for the IPod as enquired by

your good self.

As such, we are unable to assist you in this matter.

Happy Motoring!

Yours sincerely

Hussain Yatim

Customer Assistance Center

Guest camelot

Batam Cheem ]

Pin Liang told me he can confirm steering controls, but text is unlikely. No mention of Bluetooth. Whether durian pao chiak or not depends on negotiation, I think. He looked quite confident as he personally looked at my system (r171' wrote:

On the web, it said the BTA 1500 is for blue tooth phone connection to the Dension Gateway 500.

iPhone I don't have yet :banghead:

Nano 3G,4G, Shuffle, ITouch I have.....hehehehe ;D

If I am not wrong, the Bluetooth module is separate from the iPod interface module. If text is unlikely, then it's not fully integrated. Check the mObridge track I writing about, it has a Bluetooth and iPod interface with text. I am checking with local installer if they can bring in and install.

-ed

Guest redhood

camelot ]

Batam Cheem ]

Pin Liang told me he can confirm steering controls, but text is unlikely. No mention of Bluetooth. Whether durian pao chiak or not depends on negotiation, I think. He looked quite confident as he personally looked at my system (r171' wrote:

iPhone I don' wrote:

If I am not wrong, the Bluetooth module is separate from the iPod interface module. If text is unlikely, then it's not fully integrated. Check the mObridge track I writing about, it has a Bluetooth and iPod interface with text. I am checking with local installer if they can bring in and install.

-ed

iPod text integration is not possible for Audio 20 and 50 using mobridge also, based on info on the mobridge website. :banghead:

Let us know when you find more details. Thanks! ;)

• Like 1

Guest camelot

redhood ]

camelot ]

Batam Cheem ]

iPhone I don' wrote:

If I am not wrong, the Bluetooth module is separate from the iPod interface module. If text is unlikely, then it' wrote:

iPod text integration is not possible for Audio 20 and 50 using mobridge also, based on info on the mobridge website. :banghead:

Let us know when you find more details. Thanks! ;)

I will check with the guys at the mObridge again.

-ed

• 1 year later...
Guest www888

redhood wrote:

has anyone installed dension gateway 500 with audio 20?

- workmanship of pin liang any good?

- steering control possible?

- text display?

Guest atec1267

My 2006 SLK is installed with the dension. Can control from steering, no text, play all the song from ipod, cannot see folder. basically you just select from the playlise and play the song in that play list. Can charge the ipod. whether my 2006 slk is audio 20, i also don't know.

Guest atec1267

Workmanship is good as there is nothing much to do, they just use a fibre optic cable and link it to the cd changer, and there is a switch there incase u want to use the cd changer again. oh, when ipod is working, cd changer not working hor.