• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

sprint booster

Guest kinky74

Guest kinky74

Sorry to start another thread but there is a sprint booster for sale going for 150 but will it work on the new c class? the owner bought it from another c class owner i would think its w 208 model. again much appreciate all comments and feedback.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tategoi

Your hifi has a volume control from 1-10. As you turn from 1 to 2 to 3, the sound gets louder. The more you turn the louder it gets, until it hits 10, which is the loudest.

Now imagine you replace a new volume control. And the new 5 is the loudest. It is as loud as the old volume control at 10.

Both volume controls give you the same same max. volume. The old one allows you to have more control as you vary from 1 to 10. The new volume control gives the same max. volume but less control, since you only have 5 steps rather than 10 steps.

IMHO, sprint booster works like the new control.

Your hifi has a volume control from 1-10. As you turn from 1 to 2 to 3, the sound gets louder. The more you turn the louder it gets, until it hits 10, which is the loudest.

Now imagine you replace a new volume control. And the new 5 is the loudest. It is as loud as the old volume control at 10.

Both volume controls give you the same same max. volume. The old one allows you to have more control as you vary from 1 to 10. The new volume control gives the same max. volume but less control, since you only have 5 steps rather than 10 steps.

IMHO, sprint booster works like the new control.

err... i think what kinky74 is asking is whether the SB for W203 will work on the W204 models.. not what is a sprint booster... :P

Guest tategoi
err... i think what kinky74 is asking is whether the SB for W203 will work on the W204 models.. not what is a sprint booster... :P

oops yeah :D But since he is asking, I am sure he has the intention to instal, I am trying to talk him out.

Heard from one of the bro here said that SB makes parking difficult especially parallel parking. :death:

Your choice.

Cheers!

Hahaa.... Cant swim mean cant, dont say bcos never wear Speedo la..... :yumyum:

Guest kinky74

Hi thanks for all the feedback. hmmmm so there is good and bad things about the SB. it will give me power and better response for low end correct? Very sorry i am really lost about this. As some expert say parking will be difficult. i think its ok lah however fuel consumption will increase :death: but then end of the day if i want power have to pay more for fuel.

should i wait for a while before i install SB since its new

Hi thanks for all the feedback. hmmmm so there is good and bad things about the SB. it will give me power and better response for low end correct? Very sorry i am really lost about this. As some expert say parking will be difficult. i think its ok lah however fuel consumption will increase :death: but then end of the day if i want power have to pay more for fuel.

Actually, i think MBM can let you try it out, fix it on, go for a spin, like it you pay. No,return.

As i am a regular in MBM, i dont know will they dothe same for you or not, no harm giving them a visit.

Guest turismo

I think what bro RedDevil mean by "make parking difficult" is that when you engage the reverse gear, the car tend to be much more responsive and a slight tap on the pedel will cause the car to reverse much faster. Likely inexperience driver may end up crashing onto objects behind the car.

For those who have installed SB, do you encounter that as well?

Guest kepiting1sg

1. SB do not give U extra power, torque, more fuel consumption or better engine performance. It work electronically by making the "gas pedal more sensitive" when U step on it.

2. When I had the SB on my W203, I've not knock into anything when I reverse. I do not have an increase on fuel consumption unless I want to slam on the gas pedal.

3. Cum to the meetup & we will explain to you more. :welcome:

Guest RedDevils

Hearsay only bah... I do not have SB installed. BTW, how come you know I did not wear Speedo? Don't stalk me when I go swimming hor :bootyshake:

Hearsay only bah... I do not have SB installed. BTW, how come you know I did not wear Speedo? Don't stalk me when I go swimming hor :bootyshake:

This is the old saying la.....Sorry i am old and maybe you are young that dont know this phase.

Anyway, my SB dont give me any this sort of parking problem. Only 'Shiok' while you floor it.

Hi guys thanks for all your input. ok i will give it a go at MBM once i get my ride soon. test it out before purchase. anymore posion to add?

Dont worry, we dont poison others...... :la:

usually are ask to be POISON. :devil2:See you soon.