• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

c230 and c200

Guest kinky74

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kinky74

Hi i know if i have the Dough i will go for the C350... was drooling wheni saw it at C&C..i am now confuse with this 2 cars. Which is a better buy.... all input will be much appreciated. Looking for a white car only.

C230

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=36762&DL=1043

C200

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=35117&DL=1147

Guest NewC180

Depends on what you want actually.

C230 is much more quiet and 'refined' compared to C200, but I think if you wanna mod, C200 has more potential. V6 in C230 is silky smooth.

C230 has a much higher omv than C200, so long term value will be higher (but upfront also higher price). The C230 in the link you've provided has a very low mileage, worth considering.

Are both PI cars?

For me, I'll go for the C230.

Why not consider new cars since price came down drastically?

My 2 cts...

Guest kinky74

yup both car all C&C cars..... one low ks . high road tax, smooth ride ..with amg kit.....the other slight high ks low road tax, more punchy no kit no push start........damm i can not decide.

for new car 143k plus for new C200.....i will rather go for 105 before nego.....have fun with it for a few yrs.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:which to go for?????

Guest NewC180

new c200 price should be much lower than that. get a good SE and check it out.

After adding in transfer fees etc etc, depreciation of used is close to new, IMHO.

If you really wanna go for the 2nd hand ones, get the one with the low mileage, it's worth it in the long run.

Good luck to your search!

Guest kepiting1sg

yup the white one was gone....but too bad i am not the owner....think too long....bird fly way. now make me angry i will go buy new car :punk1: :punk1: :punk1: :punk1:

I went to Hin Lun Credit on the 5th Feb - the whole place was swarmed with lots of customers.

They has more than half a dozen E200K and I believe they are all sold by now.

I've also been to B K W on the same day too.

They have 2 W204 C200 and a more poisonous & potent W204 C280 :devil:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=35108

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=35114

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=35117

Good Luck!.....Happy car hunting!!!! ;D

Just went down to C&C today to test drive a C200.

But I am getting the C180 and the SE quoted me as follows:-

1) $136,888 base price - $6000 discount - $6300 overtrade - $25000 trade-in value.

2) Free Tinted windows( I thought that comes default with the car??) and 1 yr road-tax.

That is all. No 10% discount on car price as advertised last saturday.

Can any kind soul tell me whether this is a fair deal or how I could get a better deal. THANKS A ZILLION! :)

By the way, I like the CLC and CLS and E and SLK class but I understand they are all due to be converted into similar C-Class design. is that true?

Maybe I will get the C class first.. and maybe end of year see whether can get the new SLK .. *drool*...

By the way, I like the CLC and CLS and E and SLK class but I understand they are all due to be converted into similar C-Class design. is that true?

good morning and congrats on ur first post - welcome to the club.

i believe that the CLC is already based on the current generation of c class design, its predecessor was the W203 c-class coupe. even though it shares the same w203 platform, i guess visually it has more in common with the w204.

some spy shots of the future CLS and E class have been posted in their respective model threads in our forum, maybe it will help u in choosing ur future cars.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to sgmerc....

You tested the C200 (184bhp) but you plan to get a C180 (156bhp) , beware the diff.

1) $136,888 base price - $6000 discount - $6300 overtrade - $25000 trade-in value.

Dont understand the overtrade / trade in value?

2) Free Tinted windows( I thought that comes default with the car??) and 1 yr road-tax.

1 yr tax also a default with new car.

Maybe I will get the C class first.. and maybe end of year see whether can get the new SLK .. *drool*...

Good luck.......SLK are not really that ex now.

Do drop by this Sunday at our monthly GTG, more to see and maybe test drive b4 you sign on the dotted line........See you

Shucks... Such a disappointing day.

My dad just decided against it.

He thinks I made decision too fast... I went yesterday and today I said I want to buy that..

plus he think I'm not prudent with my spending.. and don't take care of my existing car and should buy a honda instead...

9339 ]

Than tell your dad you will get a Honda' wrote:

Get a Honda Civic Type RR = $145K [/size]

Haha.. I'm not really a honda Type R person.

Though I will consider mazda RX-8, Toyota MR2 or Audi TT or Porsche Cayman and of course Mercs SLK *drool*....

Anyway.. let's see how.. maybe he will change his mind later .. he was the one who asked me to go and change a car... sheeze...

Not sure of RX8, or MR2,

if go AUDI TT, go for TTRS

if go for Porsche Cayman, go for Cayman S

Honda Type RR also very :thumbsup: you won't regret!!

Eh.. I'm not really a speed person.. I'm quite shallow one.. I go for looks only ..

So without the "S" is good enough as basically everything looks the same.. just that it feels different...

Maybe just buy the body kit ..good enough..

I only drive max 120 daily on expressway.. so You can figure out how wasted an "S" would be in my hands.

Anyway.. end the conversation here.. Don't want to side-track from the thread and incurr the wrath of fellow forummers.

Enjoy your drive man.. *envy*

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to sgmerc....

You tested the C200 (184bhp) but you plan to get a C180 (156bhp) , beware the diff.

Dont understand the overtrade / trade in value?

1 yr tax also a default with new car.

Good luck.......SLK are not really that ex now.

Come to think of it...

I think the SE want to kotok me.. I hate SE who lies about giving freebies when it comes default..

Then, the overtrade and discount was given because I told her I want the 10% discount that was advertised on paper but she told me that one is only for selected colour and don't have anymore. Luckily, I went home and she called and told me she will give me the 10% discount ..or somehting like that..and the colour I want now left only 1...

If you treat me like an idiot.. I will not buy from you.

Sigh.. Don't these SE ever learn that nowadays.. you bulllshit people... people will know ...