• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

over intelligent radio system

Guest kopimonster

Guest kopimonster

bros, not sure if you have faced with this "problem" or maybe its due to a defect on my sound system, but i notice that my stock radio system can auto adjust its volume, especially when the cabin sound level is high. And this can be triggered by activities ranging from vacumming the car, revving the engine hard, or even talking loudly. When when this happens, the system automatically turns up the volume drastically, easily overwhelming all other sounds in the car. I know a merc comes which many nice and useful intelligent features like auto wipers and head lamps, but this "feature" is nothing but irritating and unecessary, and its not like it will lower the voulme automatically once the cabin noise goes down, once its up, it STAYS dat way! its so bad that this problem cant even come close to the other irritating feature that automatically disables the air con internal air circulation after a fix duration. anyway, if its a defect, will definitly get c&c to fix it, if its suppose to be a "feature" then :dblfk: :dblfk:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bros, not sure if you have faced with this "problem" or maybe its due to a defect on my sound system, but i notice that my stock radio system can auto adjust its volume, especially when the cabin sound level is high. And this can be triggered by activities ranging from vacumming the car, revving the engine hard, or even talking loudly. When when this happens, the system automatically turns up the volume drastically, easily overwhelming all other sounds in the car. I know a merc comes which many nice and useful intelligent features like auto wipers and head lamps, but this "feature" is nothing but irritating and unecessary, and its not like it will lower the voulme automatically once the cabin noise goes down, once its up, it STAYS dat way! its so bad that this problem cant even come close to the other irritating feature that automatically disables the air con internal air circulation after a fix duration. anyway, if its a defect, will definitly get c&c to fix it, if its suppose to be a "feature" then :dblfk: :dblfk:

Bro.. it is a std feature lah... not a defect... hahaha

It is stated in the manual lor...

Guest kopimonster

Bro.. it is a std feature lah... not a defect... hahaha

It is stated in the manual lor...

thanks for your feedback bro....standard feature some more...warrao... :censored:

How do you turn this on? Oddly enough, my rx-8 has this but the sl doesn't seem to.

then good for the sl, i really find it extremely intrusive :thumbsup:

but not sure how to turn it on...but if i can off the feature, the better ;D

Jenvid ]

How do you turn this on? Oddly enough, my rx-8 has this but the sl doesn' wrote:

How new is your SL FC ? I know this feature was only incorporated lately...abt 2 yrs max...

Oh, no wonder, the SL is 4 years old.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest echodeltax

Jenvid ]

How do you turn this on? Oddly enough, my rx-8 has this but the sl doesn' wrote:

How new is your SL FC ? I know this feature was only incorporated lately...abt 2 yrs max...

Does Audio 20 have this feature??