• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Tyre uneven "wear", help......

Guest MercEng

Guest MercEng

My W203 front left tyre is having more wear on the "outside". almost bald!!!!!! have not done any rotation for the pass 2 year cos size is different from the aft. (last model w203, come standard from C&C). alinement done by C&C. can anyone out there pls advise me wat to do........................ :pray:

thanks!! pls help!

My W203 front left tyre is having more wear on the "outside". almost bald!!!!!! have not done any rotation for the pass 2 year cos size is different from the aft. (last model w203, come standard from C&C). alinement done by C&C. can anyone out there pls advise me wat to do........................ :pray:

thanks!! pls help!

Since your tyres is 2 years already,no need to rotate liao.

1st must change tyres(4pcs)

then go for alinement if you think is necessary cos uneven wear on your left side.

Normally tyre rotation should be done every 6 months or at least 9 months..after i use for 1 1/2 years +/- i throw.Other things can save tyre better not.

I guess yours is 16" or 17",$1000 should be enough.

Yes, tyre dont save as it SAVE your life.

Some members here got lobang for good tyre....18" 235 about $300 only....

Remember to do your aligment immediately after tyre change.

wah!!!!! so cheap ah? is it a group buy?

btw, is it really neccessary to do aligment immediately after changing all 4 tyres?

Yes, tyre dont save as it SAVE your life.

Some members here got lobang for good tyre....18" 235 about $300 only....

Remember to do your aligment immediately after tyre change.

wah!!!!! so cheap ah? is it a group buy?

btw, is it really neccessary to do aligment immediately after changing all 4 tyres?

How much did you pay ?

Yes, is a must for me after you change new tyre, i do it even after rotation.

Guest turismo

This is certainly cause by your wheel alignment. This happen to me before, the left tyre was completely bald but the right is still ok. Found out later that my wife hit a kerb few months back and it affected the alignment of the ride. As what some bros here recommand get all 4 tyres changed and pay a bit more to do the high speed wheel alignment.

but my problem is how come it only bald on the left side instead of the rest of the tyres? the rest of the tyres wear o.k............................

Did you check your right side tyre, especailly the inner side, it should had gone bald too.

anybody got lobang for good & reasonable wheel alignment place? thanks in advance...

Kian Tiong opp MBM, same level. :thumbsup:

thanks bro.... think i better do it soon.......

You mean till now not yet do ?

AD does a horrible job at servicing cars and doing alignment checks and what not. Go to an external workshop. The one near mbm is good.

* sorry as i amended some words to 'AD' for you to prevent complication.

when i had my W211, my left rear tire went bald on the extreme left (the right side no issue) .. the other 3 tires were fine too ... went to 2 different alignments shops and both confirmed alignment is fine ...

one of them mentioned that sometimes for tire production, some tires are 'faulty' and hence could result in what I have .. they have seen a few cases ... I was on Hankook K104 when it happened ...

the Continental I had previously had no such problem ...