• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What a disappointment - my workshop for so many years.

Guest angela

Guest angela

I am a old customer of this Caltex workshop along Dunearn Road next to Barker Road.

They were introduced to me some years back because they were supposed to be old hands in Mercedes Benz. Especially for old mercs like my 140.

Not too long ago I had a major problem with my auto gearbox, after sending my car to their workshop they claimed it have to be totally overhauled. They quoted me S$3.5k. I went to ask for second quotes and was mostly quoted between S$1.5k to S$2.5k. I asked them if they can managed below S$3k and they said they will try and hence I awarded them the job. Neverthless at the end, they still charge me S$3.5k, though a little upset I did not pursue, telling myself maybe the workmanship is better.

What I discovered next is even more shocking. I had a rather low front bumper and as a result, it has quite bad damages. When I was washing the car, I discovered the bumper was patched back (which was good) but a huge chunk of dried leafs and dirt came off the back of it. I looked under the car and discovered the engine under panal was badly damaged. It looks like someone had run over some dirt humps not knowing that my 140 is lower than normal.

When I called them, they denied having damaged my car though the bumper repair was very obvious. They even denied patching up my bumper .

Though I made clear I am not asking for compensation, but the reply I got really disappoints me. I think this will be my last business with them.

Anyone have some good advice on a Good Honest workshop for my next servicing visit ?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest redbell

MBM is definitely the best choice. I just had my servicing done there. previously i pay $300+ for normal svcing. today i had my back brake pad and fan belt changed, and the usual stuff. and i pay only $268. wat more can i ask for? always feel safe sending my car there.

Cobra, u can call Kelvin - MBM at 82886188

Guest kepiting1sg

Thank you Sirs.

Your quick advise will be most helpful. Really appreciate it.

Here's the address

Mbm Wheelpower Pte Ltd

176 Sin Ming Dr #01-15 Singapore 575721

Tel : 6848-3198

Fax : 6458-6018

Guest jenvid

man... we all shld be getting some affliation discount from Kevin..not that we are affliated..

MBM is like the holy grail of aftermkt Merc repair from the views of these posts here... ;D ;D ;D

Sorry OB post.