• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

100,000KM = What sort of Servicing

Guest ian511

Hello to all Master Shifus out there, anyone able to enlighten me on the following questions with regards to this topic?

- What sorta servicing should I be doing and what are the parts that I must ensure are changed? (engine overhaul, change pistons etc)

- Where's a good workshop to do this, that has good workmanship, and not too costly? (I know it seems I want the best of everything :laugh:)

- Whatever experience and opinions you may care to share

Thanks in advance to all you kind Master Shifoos! Cheers

Assuming you have not changed the engine mount, my experience of changing it is good, especially when I accelerate. Otherwise, transmission oil, brake, and coolant, the basic I guess. If I were you, I will go to c&c to have a professional checkup and take that to-do list to outside workshop as labour and parts are cheaper.

Hello to all Master Shifus out there, anyone able to enlighten me on the following questions with regards to this topic?

- What sorta servicing should I be doing and what are the parts that I must ensure are changed? (engine overhaul, change pistons etc)

- Where's a good workshop to do this, that has good workmanship, and not too costly? (I know it seems I want the best of everything :laugh:)

- Whatever experience and opinions you may care to share

Thanks in advance to all you kind Master Shifoos! Cheers

Guest Cklasse

It would be good that you can put in more details such as which model are you talking; my guess is it can be a W211 or W203.

Speaking from my W203 experience, currently at 140k km, 100k means you should change engine mount, transmission fluid should have changed long ago before this, check the coolant reservoir tubing for crack, check intake manifold for crack, check exhuast pipe mounting bracket near gearbox for crack.

I'm driving a W209. Had the engine mounts changed a while ago already. As for the rest of the stuff mentioned by ultor and yourself, I'll keep that in mind to have those checked. My coolant reservoir has cracked already and I was quoted 2K+ for that, which I thought was pretty costly. Was wondering if sourcing from this scrapyard that you guys used to mention is a good idea?

btw, a bro of mine is considering a w211 near 3 yr with near 100k km, do you guys think 100k is high for a used car? I thought for a small island, it is quite a feat to clock 100k in 3 years... I guess the question is, is it a reliable buy? I heard sta checks return A... what is your experience?

Guest Cklasse

I have always clock 100k km in 3 years for my past 4 cars including this current W203.

I don't use my car for work but like to drive aimlessly just to enjoy the drive, so 100k km for 3 years is normal.

btw, a bro of mine is considering a w211 near 3 yr with near 100k km, do you guys think 100k is high for a used car? I thought for a small island, it is quite a feat to clock 100k in 3 years... I guess the question is, is it a reliable buy? I heard sta checks return A... what is your experience?

looks like he is going to buy a 'taxi'.......... or rather a limo merc.......

taxi huh? :D would you buy if it is slightly less than $100k? He asked for my advise and I was not able to conclude. Well, it was a E280 with 7G gear and the new M272 v6 engine, hmm...

taxi huh? :D would you buy if it is slightly less than $100k? He asked for my advise and I was not able to conclude. Well, it was a E280 with 7G gear and the new M272 v6 engine, hmm...

well, this is my first car in sg and so far, tho it's 100K km, the only problems are with the accessories like that coolant reservoir, my engine mounts and other misc components. The engine runs fine so far. My mum's previous E class also clocked 100+km and the problems are all electronic probs like wiper la, lights la etc. Also, i've seen in some other topic where they've got 400K km (mileage clocked) merc emblems which drivers could replace with the stock emblems on their bonnet - i think it tells a lot about the reliability of the engine.

Hope that helps tilt your friend's choices a lil over towards a merc ;D