• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New members and . . .

PearlJam

In the past, one has to clock up a certain number of posts before one can post for-sale messages.

I noticed these days quite a few new members who are here to sell flyer miles, used tyres, etc.

I think any enthusiast forum should be more focused.

Classifieds-For Sale posts that has nothing to do with motoring should not be here.  There are eBay, Locanto, whatever. 

No? 

Hi PearlJam. Thank you very much for your insight and comments. Much appreciated.

You are certainly correct that one has to clock up a certain number of posts previously before being able to post WTS threads. This requirement, however, was lifted after we noticed that new members wishing to post WTS threads circumvented the system by posting "clocking" posts such as necroing old threads to simply type irrelevant content. After the minimum number of posts were clocked, almost immediately the WTS thread surfaced so the intention was starkly clear. Faced with this circumstance, there was only two options - 1) ban the offending new member; or 2) lift the minimum posts requirement. We obviously chose the latter as good deals may be instored for existing members' benefit. Outright banning new members just because they had something to sell also seemed draconian.

This is an interesting topic and I'd personally like to hear the views of all members on this particular subject matter now that you've brought this up. As always, nothing is forever cast in stone. If members generally prefer to go in a particular direction and there's merit in that direction, we would certainly give due thought to the suggestion and implement what's best for the forum as a whole.

We've got two sub-forums for motoring related sales and non-motoring related sales. So technically posting flyer miles sales in the non-motoring forum is allowed.

My 2 cents.

• Like 2