• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Change to diamond grille

kaoru86

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi bros here experienced that after changing from the original grill to say i.e. Diamond Grill, after installing, when you start your engine, the panel board appears these wording:

PRE-SAFE

Functions

limited

See Owner's Manual

It occurs on my screen.

and u need to press the backspace button to erase the wordings off. And this appears everytime whenever you start the engine.

Hi bros here experienced that after changing from the original grill to say i.e. Diamond Grill, after installing, when you start your engine, the panel board appears these wording:

PRE-SAFE

Functions

limited

See Owner's Manual

It occurs on my screen.

and u need to press the backspace button to erase the wordings off. And this appears everytime whenever you start the engine.

If not wrong, think u will need to do some program update. Can check with vendor sonic racing..

Hi, if the radar from your original grill is transplanted over to the new grill, there should be no warning.

Have to check if the radar is present, and if the cable is connected. For A class, have to remove the bumper to check. Radar sits inside big merc logo on front grill.

Where did you change the grill?

Hi, if the radar from your original grill is transplanted over to the new grill, there should be no warning.

Have to check if the radar is present, and if the cable is connected. For A class, have to remove the bumper to check. Radar sits inside big merc logo on front grill.

Where did you change the grill?

Hi i bought the grill from from Lawrence of CarbonRevo for $200 cash and carry. Got it installed at a friend's workshop. Have my friend's mechanic to verify. He says the diamong grill i bought doesnt have place to install the radar.

So is it ok to leave it as it is? Or do you think AutoSpritze can rectify the problem?

Hi i bought the grill from from Lawrence of CarbonRevo for $200 cash and carry. Got it installed at a friend's workshop. Have my friend's mechanic to verify. He says the diamong grill i bought doesnt have place to install the radar.

So is it ok to leave it as it is? Or do you think AutoSpritze can rectify the problem?

You can try AutoSpritze. IMHO, if anyone is able to rectify the issue, Ah Boon will be the go to guy.

Hi MERCZ, I think better to rectify, as the presafe system helps warn of impending dangers in front of the car, and without it, safety is compromised.

The A class diamond grill should come with the mounting place for the radar, if not, it does not make sense. Are you the only one with that issue?

Hi MERCZ, I think better to rectify, as the presafe system helps warn of impending dangers in front of the car, and without it, safety is compromised.

The A class diamond grill should come with the mounting place for the radar, if not, it does not make sense. Are you the only one with that issue?

I doubt it's as serious as compromising safety. Lots of other drivers drive with just the aid of their own eyes. End of the day, it's still up to your own reflects and alertness. If not those without the presafe system would be in serious danger!