• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Front Sensor

Guest cisconet

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo bros..

May i know is there any good workshop where it sell and i can i install front sensor for my B. Kissed once, dun wish to kana another time :(

i saw a box in the waiting room of juzz for cars lvl 3 sin ming there while with b33m5r and sgn6888j was considering it to install on his rear bumper... its those physical sensor hidden from view kind... ya might wanna go down take a look...

btw i'm not from jfc or related to them... just happen to see only...

No it will not. I'm not sure if it will be covered by insurance if you bang your car and smash the sensors though, you might wanna check with your insurance company about insuring your aftermarket parts.

Just wondering, how much do they cost? I currently drive a car without any sensors, but I've been quoted upwards of 1k for installation. I decided to just learn to drive without sensors since the price of getting them was just so unreasonably high.

No it will not. I'm not sure if it will be covered by insurance if you bang your car and smash the sensors though, you might wanna check with your insurance company about insuring your aftermarket parts.

Just wondering, how much do they cost? I currently drive a car without any sensors, but I've been quoted upwards of 1k for installation. I decided to just learn to drive without sensors since the price of getting them was just so unreasonably high.

u come back sg we go see, if price is right you buy bring back to aussie and self install. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Haha don't need lah, I can drive without it, scared to parallel park sometimes only :P

its times like this u wish ya had ur SL / 7 series / estima with front sensors...

not that front sensors helped u when u floored it in D right into the wall... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hahaha yes! I don't think front sensors help much with avoiding things -_-"

buy the new CL, got distronic plus with it... it will warn u 3 sec before accident... but if you're near the wall...

...AMEN... :pray: :pray: :pray:

What's the point of warning you 3 sec before accident? It's going to be a little too late already lol! Best idea is to go along with Jeremy Clarkson's hilariously stupid idea of using giant magnets on the front of your car!

sillywilly ]

Hahaha yes! I don' wrote:

buy the new CL, got distronic plus with it... it will warn u 3 sec before accident... but if you're near the wall...

U sure the distronic plus passed the homologation ? I will be darned... Distronic I know can, but distronic plus ????

U sure the distronic plus passed the homologation ? I will be darned... Distronic I know can, but distronic plus ????

Yup it still haven't pass the men in green factor yet! :banghead:

tt time during the '08 MB driving sexperience one of the instructors did mention that the black s class we sat in was the first model with distronic plus brought in specially to let the lta see for themselves...

sareve in downsouth now... maybe there approve leow he can buy? next upgrade... laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

HI guys,

If i really want to get front sensors for the SLK where can i get it?Called a workshop but they said that the rear sensors canot be removed? then makes it i have 2 separate front n back sensors and may void warranty?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure fixing sensors doesn't void warranty at all! Even modding exhaust or fixing body kit doesn't void warranty man.

As far as I know, you cannot get the real merc front sensors, those are only available if you ordered the car with the option.

I'm pretty sure fixing sensors doesn't void warranty at all! Even modding exhaust or fixing body kit doesn't void warranty man.

As far as I know, you cannot get the real merc front sensors, those are only available if you ordered the car with the option.

Errm... not true hor.... U just need to know the part number and some cool chap to help u install them unless the wires are not there.

Check MBWorld...

Jenvid ]

I' wrote:

Errm... not true hor.... U just need to know the part number and some cool chap to help u install them unless the wires are not there.

Check MBWorld...

Blur...means what, can or cannot install? Anyone installed? Any place to recommend?

Jenvid ]

I' wrote:

Check MBWorld...

Including the front and back sensor display in the car? Wow, I always thought you'd have to cut holes inside your car in order to fix them in.

Have you tried asking C&C? I'm pretty sure they can install for you, but I remember that someone who drove an SLK told me that the ones they fix for you will not be the original merc one.

Including the front and back sensor display in the car? Wow, I always thought you'd have to cut holes inside your car in order to fix them in.

Have you tried asking C&C? I'm pretty sure they can install for you, but I remember that someone who drove an SLK told me that the ones they fix for you will not be the original merc one.

The SA says they dun fix front sensors at all.If for parktronic its factory fitted but my car already in sg.So i need to source it outside...still trying to find where i can get it done.

I have a question...

Is is normal that the "parktronic" sensors to deactivate or switch off when I brake or stop the car agressively in front of another car??

When ever I brake agressively behind another car... the front "parktronic" will beep, come out red indicator and deactivate. But if brake normally is okay..