• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

AIG insurance

Guest lsk005

Hi All, just to check...Anyone renewed his/her insurance with AIG for the 2nd year? I understand that if insured with AIG, in case of accident, one can go back to C&C for repair. The downside is AIG is more costly than other insurance company.

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi All, just to check...Anyone renewed his/her insurance with AIG for the 2nd year? I understand that if insured with AIG, in case of accident, one can go back to C&C for repair. The downside is AIG is more costly than other insurance company.

Yes! You can go back to C&C for repair in case of an accident.

I've been with them since I got my car from C&C.

Their premium for my 2004 W203 was very decent all along i.e $500+ yearly for the last 4 years

until next mth when my car turn 5 years old.

All this while, I did not make any claims.

After 50% NCD + 5% merit - They are increasing my premium from $500+ to $1238 or >130%. :dblfk:

AIG for me sucks :whip2: When I bought by W204 Jan 08 premium was $800+. This year renewal wah lau increase to $1200+. I have 50% +5% NCB and obviously no accident or claim since Jan last year. ???

Guest redhood

Yes! You can go back to C&C for repair in case of an accident.

I've been with them since I got my car from C&C.

Their premium for my 2004 W203 was very decent all along i.e $500+ yearly for the last 4 years

until next mth when my car turn 5 years old.

All this while, I did not make any claims.

After 50% NCD + 5% merit - They are increasing my premium from $500+ to $1238 or >130%. :dblfk:

I recall my AIG agent advising me that agent servicing covered only for cars up to 3 years' old. Thereafter, authorized workshops only unless pay excess. He could be wrong but check policy document to be sure.

Yes, its called the Mercedes Benz Auto protector that is non-IDAC so when there is an accident (touch wood) ur baby gets towed back to C&C direcly instead of some dodgy workshop. I also just renewed with AIG...sigh* but quite seamless la..they just took my credit card particulars over the phone and mailed me the cert. so all i gotta do now is renew my road tax...double sigh*

AIG for me sucks :whip2: When I bought by W204 Jan 08 premium was $800+. This year renewal wah lau increase to $1200+. I have 50% +5% NCB and obviously no accident or claim since Jan last year. ???

So do u still renew with AIG or change to other insurance co.?

Bo bian renew with AIG 'cos can repair at CnC in case of accident. Once warranty over they can F........ but still 2 yrs to go...................... :2guns:

Guest kepiting1sg

Bo bian renew with AIG 'cos can repair at CnC in case of accident. Once warranty over they can F........ but still 2 yrs to go...................... :2guns:

AIG has increased my $538 a year premium for my 2004 W203 to $1238 - a $700 or 130% increase.

This is after 50% NCD + 5% discount for no claims.

This is highway robbery and make the NCD a total nonsense with such increases. :dblfk: :snglfk:

Bro Allen 4 eggs got me RSA for $725 and covers up to Bangkok but cannot go back to C & C.

Bro Protoss got me another kantow with India Insurance for $900 and can go back to C & C.

This Sat, I am going to renew my insurance & road tax this Sat with India Insurance.

Bro Protoss, If U are reading this, A Big Thank U to you from Unker Batam!!!! :thumbsup:

Guest tategoi

MB Auto protector provides replacement vehicle of MB make in case of loss of use for up to 15 days

This is probably the only good feature of MB Auto Protector, plus the one-for-one new car replacement in the event of total loss in the first year. Else, MBAP is very expensive. Furthermore, if I have any other factory option (non C&C standard), like panoramic roof or 18" rims, I have to buy additional insurance to cover.

Instead I bought MSIG at 50% of the premium of MBAP, I can go to any workshop, even after warranty expires. C&C is considered one of the "any workshop". And as long as factory option, all are covered, no need to pay for additional cover.

Guest morganoh

MB Auto protector provides replacement vehicle of MB make in case of loss of use for up to 15 days

This is probably the only good feature of MB Auto Protector, plus the one-for-one new car replacement in the event of total loss in the first year. Else, MBAP is very expensive. Furthermore, if I have any other factory option (non C&C standard), like panoramic roof or 18" rims, I have to buy additional insurance to cover.

Instead I bought MSIG at 50% of the premium of MBAP, I can go to any workshop, even after warranty expires. C&C is considered one of the "any workshop". And as long as factory option, all are covered, no need to pay for additional cover.

MSIG is good, I just change to MSIG

AIG wanted $2200 with 20%NCB for my C200+AMG package

MSIG only charge me $1200. (what a difference)