• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Scratched exhaust tip on kerb

spartan

Had my first minor accident with the car last weekend :/

I was carrying a full load (3 folks behind) and was reversing into a lot with a high kerb. I probably reversed too far in (bad habit of mine), and heard a screeching sound..

I did a check later, the tip of the exhaust pipe was scratched. Doesn't seem anything major as I was slow in reversing and stopped once I heard the sound; the Exhaust tip was not scratched too badly as well.

Should I get a Mechanic to check on the structural integrity of the exhaust or these things are sturdier than I thought ?

:(

I scratch my 4 tips, muffler, front lip, rear fender all the time in the multi-storey car parks... especially on the up-ramp. Gives a nice long drag at the top of the ramp. So far, no major destruction except for ego bruised when people ask me what's that sound. HAHA

Hope members have given u a hint.

Please don't behave like some LTA consultant claiming (supported by Minister J.T.) that changing to non-LTA compliant exhaust will affect the steering wheel thus affecting the safety of the vehicle.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Please don't behave like some LTA consultant claiming (supported by Minister J.T.) that changing to non-LTA compliant exhaust will affect the steering wheel thus affecting the safety of the vehicle.

Ah! No wonder my steering had a life of its own recently. So it was my exhaust! Thanks!

• Like 1

Ah! No wonder my steering had a life of its own recently. So it was my exhaust! Thanks!

Then maybe I should change my exhaust tips as my steering wheel is too well-behaved?

Or change the driver. The latter I think may be the cheaper option.  :devil:

I already make my wife use her own key, since our keys are supposed to remember our driving styles, as what my SE told me when I collect the car.

Maybe cos I'm OPC driver of this car, then not enough data to make it fierce, unlike how I milk my Copen to it's maxed out on a daily basis :P

Brother peckio, how do one 'milk' the poor Copen?  Have some mercy la.

As for the car remembering the driving style based on the key, really?

I asked because the mechanic I went to told me that all those things about resetting your car by stepping on the accelerator etc is not valid.

He showed me via the computer but I didn't really pay attention because the sunlight was reflecting off the screen and I couldn't read clearly what was on it.

He said that each time you off and on the car, the engine is re-setted.   Anyway not important la.  How fast can we go on this little red dot?  Kaixin Jiuhao.