• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Brake Pad Change

Guest aspade

After 22000Km of mainly city driving, my B is now screaming to have its brake pad change.

Am expecting to be slaugthered by C&C again. Will update what the damages are. Anybody had to changes your (car's) pads yet ?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

After 22000Km of mainly city driving, my B is now screaming to have its brake pad change.

Am expecting to be slaugthered by C&C again. Will update what the damages are. Anybody had to changes your (car's) pads yet ?

22K Km change brake pads, U must have done lots of "spirited driving". :punk1:

When I last sent my car to MBM, I told them to check my brake pads.

Imagine my suprise they told me that no changing of brake pads needed

even though I've done 55K KM over nearly 5 years of driving.

If I remembered correctly, C & C quoted for brake pads change during Service A is $800+. :death:

Why not get it done at MBM even though your car might be still under C&C warranty.

Guest morganoh

U can get it cheaper outside.

I bought my side rear mirror for $150, mbm quote me $280, C&C quote me $350.

Theres afew trading companies that import Real Mercs parts for the workshops in Singapore.

(cos C&C parts are so expensive, so all the workshops will have to get their parts from these trading firms)

eg. I also bought my AMG rear bumper diffuser, quad exhaust, and etc

U can pm me and I can give u the contact, so in the furture u can save alot of money on all mer parts.

Guest RedDevils

U can get it cheaper outside.

I bought my side rear mirror for $150, mbm quote me $280, C&C quote me $350.

Theres afew trading companies that import Real Mercs parts for the workshops in Singapore.

(cos C&C parts are so expensive, so all the workshops will have to get their parts from these trading firms)

eg. I also bought my AMG rear bumper diffuser, quad exhaust, and etc

U can pm me and I can give u the contact, so in the furture u can save alot of money on all mer parts.

Hi bro,

Don't mind send me the contacts.

Cheers!

Thanks for sharing your experiences ... I will give MBM and other sources a call to check out the prices before making appointment with C&C.

My wife is the main user of the car, but yes I do drive enthustically whenever I have a chance. The car is so easy to drive and corners well due to a better chasis and suspension. Hence probably the faster wear. I love the the brakes, they are not jumpy but progressively positive when you need it to be. I used to trigger the ESP and ABS on my old W168 but only once on the B so far (maybe its not working ... Ha Ha).

• 4 weeks later...

Whenever I brake slowly, my car is giving me this screeching sound like a bus. C&C guys told me is due to brake dust. DO I need to change my brake pad to solve this problem?

if the car is still brand new, i suggest u complaint it to c&c. how can a new car accumalete so much brake dust so fast? imaging u brake & it creates a skreking sound. pedestrian will stop & look at u. driving merc some more.. wa kao.....

Guest speedbird

I did my rear brake pads change at MBM for <$200. Car is W211, still under C&C warranty.

You should bypass C&C, they overcharge.

If you want to further cut your cost, buy the pads from min ghee. But I don't think you can save a lot.

Guest mooncake

I guess your recommendation is to change the brake pad.

That day, I was trying to use SONAX wheel cleaner to eradicate the dust and the sound apparently is coming on and off. Weird..... :alien:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mooncake

The C&C service consultant told me the brake screeching sound is due to brake pad worn off. I have to change the brake pad. Cost me $400 before the discount

Guest mooncake

Just curious what is the mileage on your ride or how old is your ride ?

My mileage is 30K to be exact. Is 1.5 year old car. My previous Benz brake pad was changed at the 30K mileage too.