• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W203 wiper

Guest Cklasse

Guest Cklasse

I just changed my wiper (rubber type without metal frame), cost $79.80 and only a 2 minutes DIY job.

Here is the box

4zcprmo.jpg

See the arrows on the holder? just pull out and the wiper blade will drop off the wiper arm

6cpklkj.jpg

66cybdf.jpg

5ys3rcj.jpg

Guest Cklasse

I still have a little problem after changing the wipers. I noticed the left wiper center is not touching the windscreen at the resting position. Looks like the spring of the wiper arm is not tensioned enough.

Guest dashy

Hi Cklasse,

Suggest you remove and resit the connector. It has not been sitted properly. I have the same problem after I removed and put back, have to remove again and slowly put it back.

I still have a little problem after changing the wipers. I noticed the left wiper center is not touching the windscreen at the resting position. Looks like the spring of the wiper arm is not tensioned enough.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest skipper

Hi Cklasse, have you solved your wipers problem? If so, how? I just changed my wipers at MBM and one of the wipers is also not touching the windscreen at the mid point. Too much hassle to drive back to MBM to check...

Guest dashy

Hi, after you place the triangle sit into the wiper slot, push in the holder toward your right, make sure the back sliding blade (left and right)inserts neatly into the groove of the holder, else the center will not touch the windscreen.

Hope this helps.

Problem still exist after removing and putting it back.

Guest skipper

I swapped my left and right wipers and they both seem to fully contact the windscreen now. Cklasse might want to try this fix.

However, there is a new problem - the wipers squeak like crazy, so much so that I could even feel them on my brake pedals when they are on :o

Anyone got any suggestion how to take care of this? ???

Guest CBlack

I swapped my left and right wipers and they both seem to fully contact the windscreen now. Cklasse might want to try this fix.

However, there is a new problem - the wipers squeak like crazy, so much so that I could even feel them on my brake pedals when they are on :o

Anyone got any suggestion how to take care of this? ???

the last time i changed my wiper at mbm, they changed the whole thing ie includding the arms not just the rubber blades.