• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SC mods

Guest rt

I may have been blind but I can't seem to find any numbers pertaining to the K box mods for the W204. May I ask what the bhp and torque no. are for a K boxed C180 and C200.

Another noob question: Is it true that mod potential for the C180 is significantly lesser than the C200?

Thanks!

Think no one did a dyno before and after mod, but you sure can feel the improve after mod. Do drop by our gtg, you can have a feel of it yourself.

C180 start from - 156bhp

C200 start from - 184bhp

so the answer is..........

Thanks. I know the base numbers. Just want a rough guage, not so much actual dyno numbers which sometimes do not mean anything.

I understand (from reading these useful pages of course :punk1:) that moddability of the C180 is limited compared to the C200, is that true? Thanks again.

Think the SC for C180 are diff from C200 that why the bhp are diff.

Had check with the guy from Kleemann, he say W204 C200 is the max SC in the market already, no up grade needed or can be done unlike the W203 C200, you can upgrade to 230SC.

Guest nismo502

Had check with the guy from Kleemann, he say W204 C200 is the max SC in the market already, no up grade needed or can be done unlike the W203 C200, you can upgrade to 230SC.

When you upgrade to a C230 SC, is it a direct bolt on or are there fabrication needed?

When you upgrade to a C230 SC, is it a direct bolt on or are there fabrication needed?

W203 i am not so sure cos i dont drive 1,mine is a W204 which nothing can be done to the SC.

Unker Batam, can you pls help this gentleman.

Guest nismo502

Yes! The W203 C230 SC is a direct bolt on to the W203 C180/C200

Thanks. Is the w203 sc generating more boost or flowing more air?

Guest kepiting1sg

In my observations when I had the C230 SC on my W203 C180 with the Kleemann K-Box & Pulley Kit.

The boost is much higher and but the std. W203 exhaust will not take out the exhaust air fast enough.

Even making a cut through the stock cat. converter and the center exhaust was not good enough.

You will head probably need the Kleeman headers to do the job.

With the K-Box alone, U lose some low end torque below 3K RPM.

With the W203 C230SC, there's no such losses and the engine readily goes up to red-line without hesitations

when U stomped your gas pedal. However during this time, U can feel the whole exhaust system all "choked up" and the gears "reluctantly" changed from 4th to 5th even near to the red line.

Guest nismo502

In my observations when I had the C230 SC on my W203 C180 with the Kleemann K-Box & Pulley Kit.

The boost is much higher and but the std. W203 exhaust will not take out the exhaust air fast enough.

Even making a cut through the stock cat. converter and the center exhaust was not good enough.

You will head probably need the Kleeman headers to do the job.

With the K-Box alone, U lose some low end torque below 3K RPM.

With the W203 C230SC, there's no such losses and the engine readily goes up to red-line without hesitations

when U stomped your gas pedal. However during this time, U can feel the whole exhaust system all "choked up" and the gears "reluctantly" changed from 4th to 5th even near to the red line.

Great information! Thanks.