• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Download Phone Address book ??

Guest daywalker

Guest daywalker

Anyone knows how to "download" the address book from our phones/sims aside from sending manually each contact across via biz card?

Using a Nokia 8880 arte currently.

Thanks!!

Guest tategoi

Anyone knows how to "download" the address book from our phones/sims aside from sending manually each contact across via biz card?

Using a Nokia 8880 arte currently.

Thanks!!

You can send as a group. Go to your phonebok, mark the entries, and bluetooth over to COMAND.

Guest Great_Cookie

Oh Dear crud that must have been painful...

Mind you, mine was almost as tedious with my iPhone. Had to convert all my contacts to *.vcf batch edit them and then upload via PCMCIA card slot. :banghead:

It was either that or click through 300 contacts; scared the COMAND knob/HU buttons would be well and truly worn out by then... :death:

I do it manually.... :banghead:

Guest Great_Cookie

Hi tategoi,

No real issues thus far with the iPhone (both 2G and 3G); EXCEPT for the aforementioned transfer of contacts ( :banghead: )

Everything pretty much functions as expected. Kinda a relief after some of the horror stories I read (patchy audio quality, contact transfer etc).

Great_Cookie, do you have issues using iPhone with the COMAND via bluetooth?

• 1 month later...
Guest holmiumz

hi hi, I just managed to connect my iphone to Audio 20 but cant get the address book loaded...is it really the limitation? so have to do it one by one? even so, how to send contacts from iphone to the COMMAND?

Appreciate any experts advice :);)

Guest holmiumz

iPhone bluetooth can only be used for headset. You can either use another phone to bluetooth the contacts over, or use the PCMCIA card slot.

Hey, thanx for the reply. Just to check, is my Audio 20 comes with PCMCIA slot? I cant seem to find one in my car leh

Guest NewC180

iPhone bluetooth can only be used for headset. You can either use another phone to bluetooth the contacts over, or use the PCMCIA card slot.

Hey, thanx for the reply. Just to check, is my Audio 20 comes with PCMCIA slot? I cant seem to find one in my car leh

Oh, I would to find out too! My car is a C180, is there a PCMCIA slot in it?? Thks.

Guest Great_Cookie

I think PCMCIA slots only come with the COMMAND APS option... :death:

I am sure there are some with Audio 20 or C180, can you guys please help to answer if you have a PCMCIA slot??

Guest holmiumz

Hi holmiumz ,

how did u manage to connect your iphone to the Audio 20?

need help here!!

thanks.

Yes yes, managed to do it...you follow the following steps sure can do it:

-> Turn to TEL mode

-> Turn it ready for External Authorisation (by go to Bluetooth phone -> Update -> External Authorisation)

Wait till the it says: "Ready for authorisation (or something like that)"

--> Turn on ur Iphone Bluetooth

--> it will check for bluetooth device and it should found "MB Bluetooth"

--> Click on to pair

-> Then check for your Audio 20 and it should as u whether want to accept the phone --> Select OK

--> Key in the password "0000"

--> then you will be asked to key in the same password in your iphone

BINGO! you are connected!

But I stil cant find the way to import addressbook..I tried the E-class (also Audio 20 righte?) and it has the option to import from Iphone...anyone?