• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Which Brand better?? Arma Speed/ HG Motorsports

LoneLyBy2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Going by the both pictures, i will opt for Arma Speed.

Also don't understand why HG Motorsports would want to have a piece of steel/aluminium above the "area" where minimum heat is desired... just being anal i am.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Going by the both pictures, i will opt for Arma Speed.

Also don't understand why HG Motorsports would want to have a piece of steel/aluminium above the "area" where minimum heat is desired... just being anal i am.

Heat prove. Inside still got rubber pad.. Both of the price quite the same too.. 

I am on Arma because back then HG didn't have this product yet. (HG had the exhaust system but I chose Fox anyway due to LTA compliance and local support for Fox as HG did not have local dealer). In other words I'll go for products that have local dealer/ support because you never know when you to go back for their support.

Not too sure about HG, but Arma has a small hole opening just front of the turbo which I thought it was a good idea by Arma to "leak" some cooler air directly to the turbo. But whether it really works in cooling it down is everyone's guess. Tried taking some Pictures to show this little hole...

post-3760-0-86104900-1444538756_thumb.jpeg

post-3760-0-57474900-1444538784_thumb.jpeg

I am on Arma because back then HG didn't have this product yet. (HG had the exhaust system but I chose Fox anyway due to LTA compliance and local support for Fox as HG did not have local dealer). In other words I'll go for products that have local dealer/ support because you never know when you to go back for their support.

Not too sure about HG, but Arma has a small hole opening just front of the turbo which I thought it was a good idea by Arma to "leak" some cooler air directly to the turbo. But whether it really works in cooling it down is everyone's guess. Tried taking some Pictures to show this little hole...

Feel weird to have the small hole for it. Like make the air flow more not smooth.. Btw how the performance?? 

Arma comes in two stages: stage 1 is not variable valve while stage 2 is with variable valve, which opesn up the flap within the filter cone to allow "more" air in.

I initially installed the stage 2 system but removed it when I needed to go back C&C To do a warranty claim for a faulty wheel speed sensor. Now back to stage 1 and never reverted back to stage 2.

Stage 1 low end (up to 3k rpm or so) will loose out to stage 2 but I can't say for high end because I don't rev beyond 3k rpm 99% of the time.

Stage 1 and 2 filters have to be bought separately btw but the whole carbon fibre install n filter box is usable for both stage system

Aw... btw u have A250 already more powerful then my ride hahaXD

Errrr, suppose to see the highlighted sentence of "Retired from Modding", is what i meant so no mods althgh still very tempting, hahaha

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

• 1 month later...

I feel that the arma price is too high. hg motorsports seems more affordable?? I am looking at upgrading my intake but after researching, it seems that these intake doesn't have any increase in hp when tested on the dyno.

Doesn't really affect HP but the torque does come in at a lower RPM.

I feel that the arma price is too high. hg motorsports seems more affordable?? I am looking at upgrading my intake but after researching, it seems that these intake doesn't have any increase in hp when tested on the dyno.

HG MOTORSPORTS they say will increase 5hp and 5hp wheel power. I still haven import in due to currency exchange rate dam low for us..

HG MOTORSPORTS they say will increase 5hp and 5hp wheel power. I still haven import in due to currency exchange rate dam low for us..

Yea saw that too. I did email them and the shipping is at a whopping 225USD!!!

Is that pic of your car with the arma intake and the diverter valve?

Agree with you on the torque bit. The sound does make it feel faster haha

Yup, you get more bang for buck if you spend on tuning (which probably cost less!). That being said having more low end torque does make the car slightly more fun to drive.

Quoted 599usd for intake and 225usd for shipping. I checked that arma was like 1200+usd wo shipping, I didn't bother following up after.

I got special price for it much cheaper then you. Shipping is the same.

Arma got 1.5k haven included gst plus install ..