• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

ECU remap or Piggyback?

Coupe811

Correct me if i m wrong.. Most of the sponsors here do piggyback and is about 30hps gain regardless of piggyback?

Gains are thereabouts. If you're looking to gain more, you can choose to do both ECU flash and install piggyback which is what I did.

I know that Monster-Tune has both in house piggyback and ECU flash. I personally tuned my car with them. They are able to do a before and after tune dyno on the spot for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Decat alone can yield anywhere between 1 to 14 bhp depending on the original output or potential of the engine.

Quote/Unquote: "In some cases the gain is only 1-5 horsepower, and it really isn’t worth it to remove at all. If you only drive on the track where every last horsepower counts, then by all means remove it because it could melt or blow out."

So with regard to your "somehow i feel the car is more responsive..." - This is known as the Gazebo Effect. The same Gazebo Effect as yesteryears when people feel and claim their car is more responsive after "clamping" magnets on their fuel line.

Lastly, what is undeniably true is your ride no longer "releases" CO2, N2 and H2O (water vapour) but "releases" the toxic CO, NO2 and CnH2n+2.

IMHO, Best is still to remap, retune or piggy bag over decat.

Ultimately owner happy can liao so don't worry about other's opinion.

No offence intended.

• Like 1

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

Thanks BabyA for the info.. I did a decat and piggyback on Racechip and the result is good :)

Piggyback = Nice

Decat = So bad of u, lol.

• Like 1

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports