• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Need Feedback about Rims and Suspensions

Guest ian511

Hello all, was wondering if any of you guys have got feedback or experience with both 18 & 19 inch rims? I'm on 20" now and i'm still contemplating whether to switch to 18's or 19's as i wanna lower the car (w209).

Also, i asked for Bilstein B8 kit with Eibach springs and the price was approx $3-400 less than the pss9. Maybe you guys could share what springs you use and how it is on your ride. And any opinions on whether the B8 or pss9 would be more suitable for our model. Thanks in advance buddies!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jedi88knight

i'm using Eibach springs...running on 18'', 225/40 front and 255/35 rear...very happy with it....

heard pss9 very good so it might be worthwhile paying the xtra

you having problems with the 20" ?

Hello all, was wondering if any of you guys have got feedback or experience with both 18 & 19 inch rims? I'm on 20" now and i'm still contemplating whether to switch to 18's or 19's as i wanna lower the car (w209).

Also, i asked for Bilstein B8 kit with Eibach springs and the price was approx $3-400 less than the pss9. Maybe you guys could share what springs you use and how it is on your ride. And any opinions on whether the B8 or pss9 would be more suitable for our model. Thanks in advance buddies!

I'm on 19"s and using Bilstein B8 and Eibach springs. Ride is quite comfy, though I do feel the unevenness of the roads. I have heard from other people who used PSS9 that they are very hard, even on the softest setting. So hard that one of them had to switch back to original shocks when the wife complained. IMO, unless you track the car, PSS9 is a bit of overkill. For everyday driving, B8/Eibach will do.

BTW, I don't think the price diff between B8/Eibach and PSS9 is $400. More like $1k+. Check the pricing of B8/Eibach at MBM Wheelpower. They are not that expensive.

hoyas ]

Hello all, was wondering if any of you guys have got feedback or experience with both 18 & 19 inch rims? I' wrote:

I'm on 19"s and using Bilstein B8 and Eibach springs. Ride is quite comfy, though I do feel the unevenness of the roads. I have heard from other people who used PSS9 that they are very hard, even on the softest setting. So hard that one of them had to switch back to original shocks when the wife complained. IMO, unless you track the car, PSS9 is a bit of overkill. For everyday driving, B8/Eibach will do.

BTW, I don't think the price diff between B8/Eibach and PSS9 is $400. More like $1k+. Check the pricing of B8/Eibach at MBM Wheelpower. They are not that expensive.

yeah that's exactly why i didn't wanna get the pss9. however, i wanted to lower my car about 1-half inches -2inches. it's on stock suspension now. and what i was afraid about is the B8/eibach not being adjustable. anyway hoyas, any problems with curbs/slopes with the B8/Eibach?

anyways i went to man's exhaust today. apparently the kompressor models have 2 cats. took out one and it sounds goooooood...! also it's cheap.

ian511 ]

hoyas ]

Hello all, was wondering if any of you guys have got feedback or experience with both 18 & 19 inch rims? I' wrote:

I' wrote:

yeah that's exactly why i didn't wanna get the pss9. however, i wanted to lower my car about 1-half inches -2inches. it's on stock suspension now. and what i was afraid about is the B8/eibach not being adjustable. anyway hoyas, any problems with curbs/slopes with the B8/Eibach?

anyways i went to man's exhaust today. apparently the kompressor models have 2 cats. took out one and it sounds goooooood...! also it's cheap.

The drop for my car is just nice. As long as you get the correct Eibach springs for your car model (can go to Eibach website to get exact part number), you'll be fine. I've got about 1 finger spacing for front and rear.

I do have problems with steep slopes, but that's because of my AMG exhaust pipes. Always kenna the main exhaust pipe running from the front to the rear. However, no problems clearing my AMG bodykit.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ian511

hey hey,

so sad the festive season passed so fast. got my 18in rims already. painted it matt black to suit my car. got the F1 asymmetric tyres and it's really quiet and nice. now, just waiting for suspensions. hopefully all is completed before the meetup then i won't be so paiseh to attend. hah. Cheers for the help guys!

Guest ian511

ya lor you long time AWOL lei!

hah, you still remember... been out of the country so much la. just got back from india not too long ago. just glad to be back. now making up for lost time with my queen, doing her up before i meet up with you guys. found a w209 kaki recently and he's keen to drop by for the next GTG too. so now won't be so shy la, hah. see you guys soon!

• 6 months later...
Guest mar-cer-lee

I have been using pss9 with 19" for about 6 months now. Suspension is definitely harder than advangarde ones.

Have to change your driving style a bit.

Guest ian511

hey thanks for the feedback. I've already changed my rims to 18inch and eiback prokit springs. it felt way better than stock springs and 20 inch. no complaints now.

However, my front seems higher than my rear. Sent back to MBM and they said it's normal but it seems weird that the front is higher than the rear. Any bro got any opinions on this? The front is about 1 1/2 finger spacing higher.