• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Repairing back bumper scratches and broken clips

tritonrox

Hi,

When parking at one the malls, the car back (Step) bumper base hit the parking kerb because seated with too many people at the back one day. Scratched the base of the bumper and broke the clips holding the bumper together with the mud flap at the back wheel. Now can see a gap clearly between the mud flap and bumper..

anyone got a workshop to recommend to repair and how much it will cost? 

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this similar problem 2 weeks ago. Had always parked at the same spot in my son's school while waiting for him without any problem until then....I just filled up a full tank of petrol. The clearance must have been very little all the while.

The left bumper was scratched at the bottom (tho not obvious) & was literally ripped out. There's no clip (I thought there was like u) but a screw that holds the bumper....it was broken. My workshop MBM had to glue on the inside to hold up the bumper...unless the bumper is changed to a new one.

Had a similar encounter. Carpark kerb was the unsuspecting culprit. Mine wasn't exactly cracked but somewhat protruding out with some scratches. I pushed it back into position and it somehow went back to original position. Now I am always on the lookout for such seemingly harmless kerbs.