• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Amp Cables & Capacitor

Guest morganoh

Guest morganoh

I would like to Install a Capacitor and also wondering if I should buy 0 Gauge Amp cable to my system.

Here is my setup

Diamond Audio M661 Component speakers

Butler 4x75W Amp

Diamond Audio 12inch Subwoofer (rms 300W)

But I have a few questions and hope that you guys could advice me.

1) Is a capacitor required?

2) if its required how many farad?

3) Would installing the capacitor create any Engine/Fail Check light on the car? as the Capacitor is max24V and the car batt is only 12V

4) Do I really need a 0 Gauge Amp Cable

I'm currently looking into buying a Capacitor and Amp cable set from Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300279573268

Is it worth it? or is Singapore cheaper?

thanks

P.S Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Guest kepiting1sg

morganoh ]

I would like to Install a Capacitor and also wondering if I should buy 0 Gauge Amp cable to my system.

Here is my setup

Diamond Audio M661 Component speakers

Butler 4x75W Amp

Diamond Audio 12inch Subwoofer (rms 300W)

But I have a few questions and hope that you guys could advice me.

1) Is a capacitor required?

3) Would installing the capacitor create any Engine/Fail Check light on the car? as the Capacitor is max24V and the car batt is only 12V

I' wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300279573268[/url]

Is it worth it? or is Singapore cheaper?

thanks

P.S Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Merry X-Mas & A Happy New Year 2009 to one & all!

May the New Year Bless Us All with Good Health, Good Luck and fill our life with abundance Joy & Happiness!

IMHO,

1) Is a capacitor required? -

No! Save your money!

a. Unless your headlight dimmed when U play your ICE which I dun think that will happen

b. I don't think U are that sort to crank up your volume

c. Even if U crank up your volume, looking at the configuration,

your ride alternator will be enough to supply all the juice to your ICE system.

General rule of thumb - 1 Farad to 1000 WRMS

No! The max 24V cap does NOT tell you how much voltage it will have when connected to your system.

Upon connecting to your ride electrical system (say with a voltage of 14.4 volts, probably more around 13+V), the 24V capacitor will have exactly 14.4 volts or rather 13+V. The voltage on the capacitor will be the same as the circuit to which it's connected too.

No again! Save your money unless U plan to upgrade to multiple "high powered" amps in future.

Bear in mind, a 0 gage power amp will preferably goes hand in hand with a 0 gage earth cable.

IMHO, a 4 gage power cable will be adequate for your use.

My Indon Rp1 worth of opinion! :-[

Guest kepiting1sg

Unker Batam, better turn up at this mtg end meetup to impart ur skill & knowledge... Let the dark side prevail.... hahahahaha :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

My ears are shot.......what skills to impart other then to poison people....wahahahah!!!! :2guns:

Guest kepiting1sg

Thank u Unker Batam for your advice

Happy New Year to u and family,

May all your wishes come true in 2009.

Regards

Morgan Oh

Hello Morgan,

I wish U & your family members "A Happy New Year 2009" too.

May this New Year bless us all with Good Health, Good Luck & Abundance Joy & Happiness.

Cheers!

KP Seah