• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Tuning My Mercedes

Guest nismo502

Guest nismo502

Today my friend put my car on the dyno and tune/reflash my ECU. This is the results

2008-12-19-2143-24-noplates.jpg

Dynochart is for power at the engine for a stock standard W203 C200. The line at the bottom is for before tuning and on top is after tuning. To get power at the wheels, factor in drive train loss of 20% and it looks about right. As you can see on the dyno chart, I gain about 9bhp on the top end. What is actually more interesting and useful is the power I gain across the entire rev range. The dyno chart shifted upwards even considering there is no changes to the boost I am running. On the road, the car is much more responsive and pulls substantially better mid low and top end. Besides that, pedal response is more sensitve as the tuning includes Fly by wire control. It basically works like the sprintbooster but better because pedal sensitivity can be adjusted based on how sensitve I like it to be. Unlike sprintbooster, there is no settings available. I am actually very happy with the performance gain.

Next, I will try airfilter, exhaust and pulley. I am looking forward to what additional boost will do to the car with a tune/reflash as this is where it will excel. Will post my findings soon.

Oh by the way, my boost dropped off after 5400k rpm. I was told my supercharger belt is slipping. If I fix it, power gain will be much more substantial.

Free plugs: Tuning is available for all fuel injected mercedes and not just W203. you can pm me for contacts if you are keen.

DSC00021noplates.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nismo502

importantly how much did this job cost? Please share with us. thanks.

Forgive me, but I think the best is for you to contact him directly. He can be reached at 93368358.