• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Lighting and Run Flat Indicator display??

Guest NCS

1) In the steering on-board computer lighting setting manual,

for the headlight mode, there is "constant" and "manual". I read the user manual but still catch no balls about the meaning of the "constant" mode.

Can anyone advise? What the advantage of "constant"? Shall I set to "constant" or "manual" as I use auto headlight most of the time...

2) In the steering on-board computer display, when push the arrow "up" button...

a menu shows

"Run Flat Indicator active

Menu: R-Button"

What does it mean?? What is R-Button? How does this function works?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) If I am not wrong, constant is for the light to be always on in Auto mode. This is for countries like Austria where the headlights need to be always on regardless. Well u can always test it out during the day time.

2) This is menu where u need the reset the RFI, press the odo reset button to reset it. It is lighted up when it detects one of your tyres pressure is low which a slow puncture or faulty air stem valve.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest camelot

1) In the steering on-board computer lighting setting manual,

for the headlight mode, there is "constant" and "manual". I read the user manual but still catch no balls about the meaning of the "constant" mode.

Can anyone advise? What the advantage of "constant"? Shall I set to "constant" or "manual" as I use auto headlight most of the time...

2) In the steering on-board computer display, when push the arrow "up" button...

a menu shows

"Run Flat Indicator active

Menu: R-Button"

What does it mean?? What is R-Button? How does this function works?

For 1)

It means the angle of your headlight. If you set to constant, it will always be angle to a fix distance. If you set to manual, you will see a scroll switch next to your headlight switch, you can manually adjust the height.

For 2)

The R-Button means the Reset Button on the left side your of your dashboard.

Hope that helps