• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

The first Ariel Atom test drive in SG.

Guest henRee

This is some pictures i took from the first ever Ariel Atom test drive held in Singapore.

Sorry if pictures is abit blurred because took from handphone. :D :D

ArielAtom009.jpg

ArielAtom008.jpg

ArielAtom007.jpg

ArielAtom006.jpg

Look at those brakes!

ArielAtom005.jpg

ArielAtom004.jpg

ArielAtom003.jpg

Cheers!

in England you can even drive this both on the road and the racetracks and can even eat almost every single supercar alive...the Caterham R500 which is a car almost like this but a bit less powerful beat the SLR, Enzo, Veyron and the hardtop zonda f at the topgear track...

in England you can even drive this both on the road and the racetracks and can even eat almost every single supercar alive...the Caterham R500 which is a car almost like this but a bit less powerful beat the SLR, Enzo, Veyron and the hardtop zonda f at the topgear track...

True. 0-60mph in 2.9sec provided you can change gear fast. :punk1:

So is this thing street legal? It looks safer than a bike!

If I am not wrong they are currently working it out with the LTA.I actually had a ride in the Atom and all I can say is

Super FAST!If compared to a bike it's definetly safer and faster. :laugh:

Nice pix :thumbsup: Henry.......

Funny hor, instead of the owner post here, some others member show us how it look like.......

Halo....XH, pls take it more seriously hor

Thanks!

But should be the wonderful car that makes the pictures so great.Haha

:-X :-X

anyone know the price? will it be around S$250K???

Hi sgmerc! The price of the road going version will be $288,888 including COE and after taxes. The track version will be going for $169,888. AtomicRacing will also be bringing in the Caterham models in Jan 2009. The Caterham CSR and R500 will both make it here. AtomicRacing will also be bringing in BrianJames racing trailers. For more information, do check out their website at www.atomicracing.asia or SMS/call 91810123. Atomicracing will be holding an official launch of the Ariel Atom as well as the Caterham End Jan 2009 / early Feb 2009. If you want to put your names down in the invites list for the launch, do mail them at [email protected] . I personally had a couple of taxi rides in the Ariel Atom 3, I was blown away. Very impressive acceleration and stability , even under hard braking it feels very confident. The car is very well speced' with all the best parts that you want to have in a track car, oh by the way the supercharger whine is addictive!!! Will post some pictures on the event held yesterday soon! Cheers!

Wow why on earth is the road going version over 100k more ex than the track version?

Simply because of all the taxes factored in. Also it is a very rare car, there are less than 200 of the Ariel Atom 3 in the world and it is really exclusive. Also, if you compare the kind of performance the Atom deliver to supercars like Ferrari/Lamborghini/Porsche with a hefty price tag, it is really bang for buck.

Guest morganoh

Hi sgmerc! The price of the road going version will be $288,888 including COE and after taxes. The track version will be going for $169,888. AtomicRacing will also be bringing in the Caterham models in Jan 2009. The Caterham CSR and R500 will both make it here. AtomicRacing will also be bringing in BrianJames racing trailers. For more information, do check out their website at www.atomicracing.asia or SMS/call 91810123. Atomicracing will be holding an official launch of the Ariel Atom as well as the Caterham End Jan 2009 / early Feb 2009. If you want to put your names down in the invites list for the launch, do mail them at [email protected] . I personally had a couple of taxi rides in the Ariel Atom 3, I was blown away. Very impressive acceleration and stability , even under hard braking it feels very confident. The car is very well speced' with all the best parts that you want to have in a track car, oh by the way the supercharger whine is addictive!!! Will post some pictures on the event held yesterday soon! Cheers!

How about the caterham csr?

do u know the price as well?

thanks

Unforgettable taxi ride huh cydric.lol

:rockon: :rockon:

morganoh ]

Hi sgmerc! The price of the road going version will be $288,888 including COE and after taxes. The track version will be going for $169,888. AtomicRacing will also be bringing in the Caterham models in Jan 2009. The Caterham CSR and R500 will both make it here. AtomicRacing will also be bringing in BrianJames racing trailers. For more information, do check out their website at www.atomicracing.asia or SMS/call 91810123. Atomicracing will be holding an official launch of the Ariel Atom as well as the Caterham End Jan 2009 / early Feb 2009. If you want to put your names down in the invites list for the launch, do mail them at [email protected] . I personally had a couple of taxi rides in the Ariel Atom 3, I was blown away. Very impressive acceleration and stability , even under hard braking it feels very confident. The car is very well speced' wrote:

How about the caterham csr?

do u know the price as well?

thanks

I'm not too sure about the caterham CSR pricing yet. I think it will cost slightly lesser than the Ariel. Cheers!

henRee ]

Hi sgmerc! The price of the road going version will be $288,888 including COE and after taxes. The track version will be going for $169,888. AtomicRacing will also be bringing in the Caterham models in Jan 2009. The Caterham CSR and R500 will both make it here. AtomicRacing will also be bringing in BrianJames racing trailers. For more information, do check out their website at www.atomicracing.asia or SMS/call 91810123. Atomicracing will be holding an official launch of the Ariel Atom as well as the Caterham End Jan 2009 / early Feb 2009. If you want to put your names down in the invites list for the launch, do mail them at [email protected] . I personally had a couple of taxi rides in the Ariel Atom 3, I was blown away. Very impressive acceleration and stability , even under hard braking it feels very confident. The car is very well speced' wrote:

Haha, yeah want another ride again man.

Cydric ]

Haha, yeah want another ride again man.

That ride make us so lethergic.

i saw it on the news just now...$288k, the government sure know how to bleed people's pocket with tax and the insurance sure very high for this kind of car...

My guess would be insurance will be ard 6k ~ 8k before NCD. Normal cabrio, roadster already 3k+

expensive because need to install many things for sg roads. windscreen, windscreen wipers, headlights (bi-zenon i hope), side mirrors, roll bars & MOST expensive of them all, ERP IU.... hehehehehehehe

Guest xiaohong

expensive because need to install many things for sg roads. windscreen, windscreen wipers, headlights (bi-zenon i hope), side mirrors, roll bars & MOST expensive of them all, ERP IU.... hehehehehehehe

Had the chance to drive the Atom....PURE power man! The only thing is i must think of a way to get out of the car with some glamour and style.....perhaps now to convince other half that i want this for Xmas present.......