• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What do you do if you see a car hitting another car?

My friend told me she saw a car driving out of a carpark lot at Jems on Saturday afternoon and the female driver hit the car parked to her left as she was driving off.

She did not stop.  It was a white SKL 4648 L (I checked, it was a Mazda 6)

From the photo, the 'victim' car looks like a VW Jetta but the back portion was obsured by a parked E-class, white, reg SKL 7815 B.  I checked and confirmed it is a Jetta. 

I feel sorry for the victim because I was a victim 3 times.  Once in the car park of Pacific Plaza, the management refused to review the CCTV (my office was in that building).  Next day I saw a black BMW 3 series with extensive scratches and white paint on its bumper, matching the dents on my white car, in terms of height and paint colour.  It was another tenant and I approached him. He flat denied.  Management refused to let me view the CCTV so I had to put my tail behind my legs and walk away feeling sibeh-buaysong.   

Second time a 5 tonne truck reversed and damaged my bonnet (Bonnet cannot be panel-beaten back, had to buy a new bonnet! Ouch!).  I knew it was a truck because I was parked for only less than 3 minutes behind it on a quiet road. 

Third time, I had a camera installed but the corner swipe video (as above Mazda-VW incident) was non-conclusive. 

I think the VW Jetta owner would probably be damn pissed off.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have leave a note on the windscreen to the owner - I will bear witness to the hit and run with my contact no. Or simply block that lady car and call the mall security.

This kind of asshole have to learn a lesson can't just fxxking walk off.

I would have leave a note on the windscreen to the owner - I will bear witness to the hit and run with my contact no. Or simply block that lady car and call the mall security.

This kind of asshole have to learn a lesson can't just fxxking walk off.

yes this is simply the right thing. just do it.

no need ask, follow ur heart.

yes this is simply the right thing. just do it.

no need ask, follow ur heart.

I am reading between the line your comment "no need ask.."

If you had read my post carefully, I said that my friend saw, not I.

She is not a motorist. She was waiting for her sister to pick her up when she saw it and did not even manage to take a photo.

She later told me about it and I suggested that she should at least pass on the info to the shopping centre management. I believe she called the management to leave a contact.

The reason I shared this post is to subtly instil in us motorist a sense of fairness and righteousness.

And I am glad to read all your positive response.

If i were there and then, I would definitely not let her scoot off.

As for leaving a note on the windscreen, there is a chance the culprit might walk back and remove it. I just might wait for the owner to return or immediately go to the management office.

I am reading between the line your comment "no need ask.."

If you had read my post carefully, I said that my friend saw, not I.

She is not a motorist. She was waiting for her sister to pick her up when she saw it and did not even manage to take a photo.

She later told me about it and I suggested that she should at least pass on the info to the shopping centre management. I believe she called the management to leave a contact.

The reason I shared this post is to subtly instil in us motorist a sense of fairness and righteousness.

And I am glad to read all your positive response.

If i were there and then, I would definitely not let her scoot off.

As for leaving a note on the windscreen, there is a chance the culprit might walk back and remove it. I just might wait for the owner to return or immediately go to the management office.

relax ar.  i not sounding off to reply the 1st thread u start ar.

i never read the first thread also. i quoted frm "Yappeyap"

cool ar.