• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Brake & Suspension Sound

Guest cisconet

Guest cisconet

Dear all Merc drivers, just wondering when u drive ur car, and you apply brake, do u have the locking sound when the vehicle come to a standstill?

When you get down of the car, do you hear from the back suspension that there is some spring sound?

Not sure if it is normal? >:(

cisconet ]

Dear all Merc drivers, just wondering when u drive ur car, and you apply brake, do u have the locking sound when the vehicle come to a standstill?

what sound would this be? if u mean the ABS "bum-bum-bum", could be u' wrote:

When you get down of the car, do you hear from the back suspension that there is some spring sound?

i'm very heavy, so when i get up, there is spring sound. i havent heard it in my merc b4, only in other conti cars...

I think the suspension sound is unique to A & B class. I just sent my car for servicing and they loan me the new face lift b class with the same sound.

I weigh 75 Kg btw, dunno what category am i in :P

I don't have the problem in the C, E and other classes. Did try the M Class but didn't notice this wierd sound.

For brake sound, if you not refering to ABS then i guess it's normal to hear it only in the morning

Guest camelot

I am not sure what is a locking sound. But if it's squeaking, then your brake pad or brake disc wearing out. If it's howling sound, it's possible that the brakes hasn't use for a while (usually morning or the day after rain). If it's a loud thud, the braking mechanic could be faulty (or the ABS).

As for the spring sound, I notice that as well in my friend's A class. Do you experience the sound since you got the car ? Or it developed over time ? Check if your spring got burr or your suspension is leaking.

ed

sometimes the creaking sound is from the handbrake. (rubbing against the rotors)

plus, handbrake apply to the rear rotors.

try not to apply the handbrake and sit/stand again to make sure its not the suspension fault

Guest cisconet

Thanks bro here for replying. Your replies really helps to conclude my problem. Seems like suspension sound is only to A & B, could it be because it is raise up vehicle? I mean the height is higher than sedan C or E.

As for the brake, yes, it normally occur in the morning. Towards the noon, the sound gets softer and seems un-noticable when i slow down very slowly to a stop.

This could be due to your brake pad, could be the dust or rush on rotor.Most car have this problem

This usually happen after your car are being Jackup for servicing or change of tyre, it could be back to normal after a few bumping over hump .