• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A few questions on some functional mods from a newbie

Guest camelot

Guest camelot

Dear All,

I would like to know a few questions regarding W211. If any of you could kindly help... thanks.

1. Is it possible to convert / retrofit W211 existing non-folding side mirror into folding ones ? Replace entire mirror set or just add some mechanical / electronic parts ? How much does it cost ?

2. If I want to add a rear windscreen power blind, anybody got a suggestion where to get it installed ? How much ?

3. I need to install front sensor for the car... existing has rear sensor with display. I want to get a front sensor with display... where can I get it done and how much ?

Thanks.

-ed

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

camelot ]

Dear All,

I would like to know a few questions regarding W211. If any of you could kindly help... thanks.

2. If I want to add a rear windscreen power blind, anybody got a suggestion where to get it installed ? How much ?

depends if u want original merc part or not. also depends if u want the button to be fitted into the slot which is blank now. center dash, near lock and unlock buttons.

i' wrote:

3. I need to install front sensor for the car... existing has rear sensor with display. I want to get a front sensor with display... where can I get it done and how much ?

again, depends if u want original merc part. merc part can come with or without the display. for models that come with front parktronic sensors, their display is integrated, so it'll probably cost a bomb for new ones.. can do third party installation, which probably comes with sound, but unlikely comes with display.

i saw a set at juzz for cars @ sin ming, i think lvl 3. the set i saw is hidden kind, means the sensor is hidden, looks like ur car no front sensor from the outside.

sorry can't help with all questions dude.

Guest camelot

sillywilly ]

Dear All,

depends if u want original merc part or not. also depends if u want the button to be fitted into the slot which is blank now. center dash, near lock and unlock buttons.

i' wrote:

again, depends if u want original merc part. merc part can come with or without the display. for models that come with front parktronic sensors, their display is integrated, so it'll probably cost a bomb for new ones.. can do third party installation, which probably comes with sound, but unlikely comes with display.

i saw a set at juzz for cars @ sin ming, i think lvl 3. the set i saw is hidden kind, means the sensor is hidden, looks like ur car no front sensor from the outside.

Ed: I don't need the sensor to be merc part. Just wanted to install a set of front sensor for my wife... easier for her to park. I saw quite a few LED display for the sensor... just wondering if anybody has install and how much ?

sorry can't help with all questions dude.

Ed: You are very kind and helpful already. Thanks dude.

Ed: Would love to have the original merc part (depending on how expensive it is... will be going to C&C today to get a quote). If not, I can do with aftermarket power rear blind. Still hope to at least install the switch where the blank slot at the center console near the door lock button regardless... any idea ?

Ed: I don't need the sensor to be merc part. Just wanted to install a set of front sensor for my wife... easier for her to park. I saw quite a few LED display for the sensor... just wondering if anybody has install and how much ?

Ed,

It is cheaper to buy original merc part outside like Benzline etc.

If you want to retrofit stuff in SG, I think you are pretty out of luck. I gave up on time & custom order the stuff & bargain hard lor.

Rear Blind: You can try installing the permanent one. The blind wouldnt handicap your rear view. Just that your anti-dazzle rear view mirror wouldnt kick in. It is very much cheaper also. I am using this option as I had reckon it would be up all the time cuz the car is part under the sun every weekday.

During my audio install, I didnt see the wires for the power blind so I guess you are out of luck for merc retrofit

I am pretty sure it is likewise for the front sensor.

Folding mirror is a tricky one. I cant quite recall but I think u need to buy a new pair. Wirewise, I crossed my fingers for you.

The easiest way out is to bring your car down to C&C Pandan, talk to the service advisor and ask them for a quote. If yes, means the car is likely to be pre-wired and you can try to get it installed outside. Else, be like me. Planned it for your next car. Hiaks.

Guest camelot

Jenvid ]

Ed: Would love to have the original merc part (depending on how expensive it is... will be going to C&C today to get a quote). If not, I can do with aftermarket power rear blind. Still hope to at least install the switch where the blank slot at the center console near the door lock button regardless... any idea ?

Ed: I don' wrote:

Ed,

It is cheaper to buy original merc part outside like Benzline etc.

If you want to retrofit stuff in SG, I think you are pretty out of luck. I gave up on time & custom order the stuff & bargain hard lor.

Rear Blind: You can try installing the permanent one. The blind wouldnt handicap your rear view. Just that your anti-dazzle rear view mirror wouldnt kick in. It is very much cheaper also. I am using this option as I had reckon it would be up all the time cuz the car is part under the sun every weekday.

During my audio install, I didnt see the wires for the power blind so I guess you are out of luck for merc retrofit

I am pretty sure it is likewise for the front sensor.

Folding mirror is a tricky one. I cant quite recall but I think u need to buy a new pair. Wirewise, I crossed my fingers for you.

The easiest way out is to bring your car down to C&C Pandan, talk to the service advisor and ask them for a quote. If yes, means the car is likely to be pre-wired and you can try to get it installed outside. Else, be like me. Planned it for your next car. Hiaks.

Thanks bro. I will try to check with the service advisor today.

ed

b33m5r passed me his power rear bind. he mentioned that don't need wiring?, just tap it from the rear brake light wiring or audio cable wiring? because the blind is wireless remoted control.

still possible for me bro? in ur opinion?

b33m5r passed me his power rear bind. he mentioned that don't need wiring?, just tap it from the rear brake light wiring or audio cable wiring? because the blind is wireless remoted control.

Then I presume it is not an original merc part ? If it aint, then anything is possible.

Guest camelot

I was surfing around to look for the blind and found out that the manufacturer is in China. They have the remote control power rear blind and sells them quite cheap in China (Approximately $100 or so). But they only sell in bulk since it's a manufacturer.

Any bro here goes to China often and can help to source ? It's quite simple to install and tap only power supply from the back. There is no wiring required for the switch since it's using a RF wireless controller.

http://www.tootoo.com/d-rp12540341-Auto_Car_Sun_Shades_Auto_Curtains_/

Ed