• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 Auto Wipers - Problem?

Guest C200mfmw

Guest C200mfmw

Need some advice ... When I turned my (C200) wipers on today to the 3rd level (for constant wiping), I realised it only wipes when the car is in motion and it stops when the car is stationary ... Any idea if this is normal or is there something wrong with my sensor? How do I get it sorted out?

Thanks in advance.

Guest turismo

Need some advice ... When I turned my (C200) wipers on today to the 3rd level (for constant wiping), I realised it only wipes when the car is in motion and it stops when the car is stationary ... Any idea if this is normal or is there something wrong with my sensor? How do I get it sorted out?

Thanks in advance.

This is normal. It's the same for mine as well

I think it dont stop completely but change to a slow interval mode.

this is correct.

rain wipers will slow down 1 notch when vehicle is stationary.

i personally find this a great function - eg when at its fastest mode, when u stop it goes into medium mode... if not there will be the "huat huat huat" sound which is kinda irritating...

mercedes owners manual says that this function is only for the wipers without auto rain sensors, but apparently all our rides with auto rain sensors has it too..

Guest C200mfmw

Thanks guys. Good to know it's not a "problem" but here's why it became a "problem" for me ... It was pissing with rain yesterday afternoon and I was about to turn right at a traffic junction and had to stop for a few seconds to check for oncoming traffic and it was impossible to see without the constant sweeping of the blades because of the downpour. Only way to ensure full and constant view of the traffic was to put it at the fastest speed ...

Thanks guys. Good to know it's not a "problem" but here's why it became a "problem" for me ... It was pissing with rain yesterday afternoon and I was about to turn right at a traffic junction and had to stop for a few seconds to check for oncoming traffic and it was impossible to see without the constant sweeping of the blades because of the downpour. Only way to ensure full and constant view of the traffic was to put it at the fastest speed ...

when u require the wiper to come on for a brief moment, half press the larger of the 2 multi purpose stalk (signal + wipers + high beam) towards the steering wheel. this will turn on the wipers at medium speed for as long as u hold the half press down.

note that if u press in fully, this will activate both the wipers and rain washing fluid...

you're :welcome:

when u require the wiper to come on for a brief moment, half press the larger of the 2 multi purpose stalk (signal + wipers + high beam) towards the steering wheel. this will turn on the wipers at medium speed for as long as u hold the half press down.

note that if u press in fully, this will activate both the wipers and rain washing fluid...

Willy, you spending too much time on your Beemer liao. C has only 1 stalk, the other is the teeny weeny cruise control <-not multi purpose. Beemer got 2 big stalk

keke :bboyspin: :bboyspin:

Willy, you spending too much time on your Beemer liao. C has only 1 stalk, the other is the teeny weeny cruise control <-not multi purpose. Beemer got 2 big stalk

oh no... must go and get myself refamiliarised with the car liao...

iirc, the small cruise control also got press in function to change to speed limiter or smt like that right?

oh no... must go and get myself refamiliarised with the car liao...

iirc, the small cruise control also got press in function to change to speed limiter or smt like that right?

Yupe. To limit the max spd lor... a function seldom used lor. Maybe for chiongster in KPE tunnel lor...

Yupe. To limit the max spd lor... a function seldom used lor. Maybe for chiongster in KPE tunnel lor...

2 different functions, can qualify for "multi purpose stalk"? hahahahhaa.

i always use the speed limited before i arrive at speed cameras... den i can floor the pedal and dun need bother about over speeding...

problem is lousy bmw make their limiter only to "ding" one sound when u reach the limit, and it doesnt cut off for u... what sort of limiter is that?!?!? :tazzie: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: