• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

ATE ceremic brakepads - W204

Hi guys,

I finally replaced the front stock brake pads to ATE ceremic and also the front rotor discs. After driving for couple of days, I couldn't help but notice a discomforting difference between the ceremic pads vs stock pads. You see, the braking distance became longer, can't really gauge how much further but definitely more than 2 meters further in my case during emergency brake. Its hard to describe the feeling...kind of like less responsive, need to step alot harder...

Is there any way to make any setting adjustment to make it "tighter" or more responsive? Appreciate any info sharing. Thanks guys!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info gents. The reason behind my asking is, I might just have gotten myself a few demerit points and fine for stopping past the stop line and into the yellow box. Apparently emergency brake doesn't seem to work well and I get caught with my pant down this time. Totally unexpected. Saw two bright camera flashes... that's it huh...bad luck I guess... should have just ram the accelerator hard past the amber light. 

• 2 months later...

Bad news on that. Sorry to hear that. You can try to appeal.

Thanks bro. Found the solution to fix this problem. It has nothing to do with the replaced ceremic pad. lol... not sure why brakes have anything to do with transmission and throttle but it sure feel such a great different before and after I reset the ECU.

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/4850-reset-ecutcu-steps-for-your-throttle-response/