• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

30K maintenance

Guest kiat

was calling C&C to arrange for my 30K servicing. I was informed by C&C that for the 30k servicing, it would be a 1.5 day servicing costing around $1k plus

Could anyone help to explain what is this servicing about?

thanks alot

Guest Cklasse

From my W168 and W203 experience;

the 15000km service is the usual oil change and checks and the next 15000km (which is 30000km) service is the same but include more checks on items such as tubings, pinch point, any rubbing of parts and therefore takes about 2 days.

I always ask for the 15000 km service even if it is 30000km. My advice is ask to see the service checklist and you can decide if you want to pay extra for the visual inspection.

It's the major service interval that you want to take note of such as spark plug change or transmission oil change. 30000km is not a major issue. I have clocked 140 000 km to date and I need to know if it is time to change transmission oil since the first one was in around 60000 km.

I've been sending my car at 10k interval.

The only thing is that when I called to book for servicing for the 30k, the operator was telling me 30K was a major servicing. When ask for details, she told me change oil and oil filer.

From my W168 and W203 experience;

the 15000km service is the usual oil change and checks and the next 15000km (which is 30000km) service is the same but include more checks on items such as tubings, pinch point, any rubbing of parts and therefore takes about 2 days.

I always ask for the 15000 km service even if it is 30000km. My advice is ask to see the service checklist and you can decide if you want to pay extra for the visual inspection.

It's the major service interval that you want to take note of such as spark plug change or transmission oil change. 30000km is not a major issue. I have clocked 140 000 km to date and I need to know if it is time to change transmission oil since the first one was in around 60000 km.