• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SL63 Safety Car Rims

Guest OKL

You could check with MBM. Imo these rims don't look partilcularly inspiring or different from the standard AMG rims though. For 10k you can get something much nicer! I wanted to get some rims from vellano at 10k, you should check them out at http://vellanowheels.com/, I was quite impressed by the level of customisation offered, they were quite willing to let me get nonstandard colours and other details on the rims.

Incidentally, the SL Black Series rims, body kit and bonnet all look RIDICULOUSLY good!

Sareve ]

You could check with MBM. Imo these rims don' wrote:

http://vellanowheels.com/[/url], I was quite impressed by the level of customisation offered, they were quite willing to let me get nonstandard colours and other details on the rims.

Incidentally, the SL Black Series rims, body kit and bonnet all look RIDICULOUSLY good!

Thanks for sharing Sareve. Was thinking of using the SL63 rims and upgrading to the AMG 6pot and also contemplating on using Black Rims with Red BBK as well. Scared overdone it only. Dono which is better. Thought the AMG way is safer.

Well shall see since I have lots of time to think.

Thanks!

I think black rims with red brake calipers is damn cool! What colour is your car though?

I agree that AMG is definitely the safest way to go, and it looks good, but your car won't stand out as much as if you used something else, after all, AMG is the most common. Have you considered Brabus or Carlsson rims? I think they look good and they're not as common!

Congrats on your white SLK :) Haha since your current car already has lotsa mods, why stop with the SLK!

I think the most stylish mods on an slk are the addition of the SL's bonnet fins and the side grills. Pre facelift side grills in particular, merc really screwed up the SL with the facelift, the only good thing they did was up the HP. I'm pretty sure the bonnet fins are quite cheap and easy to fix too, but I suspect the side grills will take some work if you want to add them.

Wilson and Mercy have some fantastic looking SLKs, you should check out their cars for some inspiration :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advise Sareve. Will definitely be getting the fins.

Rims and BBK are my major concern as changing is kinda wasted since mine comes with Sports package.

Will be looking around for inspiration :thumbsup:

OKL, the rims Benzline is charging you $9900 for are just the normal SL AMG rims, I assure you that $9900 is an absolute ripoff! C&C quoted me less for them! I was first under the impression that these rims were somehow unique to the SL63 safety car, but on closer inspection, they really are just the normal AMG rims. Are brakes included in that $9900? The price would seem far more reasonable if they are.

This is just my humble opinion, I would never consider getting these rims as my car would just end up looking like every other SL out there -_-". I feel that these rims are too common as all SL's above the SL 350 come stock with them and they are an option on the SL 350 anyway. I think your car would look more unique if you got other 3rd party rims.

OKL, the rims Benzline is charging you $9900 for are just the normal SL AMG rims, I assure you that $9900 is an absolute ripoff! C&C quoted me less for them! I was first under the impression that these rims were somehow unique to the SL63 safety car, but on closer inspection, they really are just the normal AMG rims. Are brakes included in that $9900? The price would seem far more reasonable if they are.

This is just my humble opinion, I would never consider getting these rims as my car would just end up looking like every other SL out there -_-". I feel that these rims are too common as all SL's above the SL 350 come stock with them and they are an option on the SL 350 anyway. I think your car would look more unique if you got other 3rd party rims.

Oh? I also thought it is the exclusive SL F1 safety car AMG rims cos I first saw it at CnC showroom then. Benzline no brakes included just purely rims. They mentioned the price is high as it is a forged rim.

If it is a standard then definitely will not be going for it. Guess sourcing around for 3rd party rims will indeed be a better idea.

:thumbsup: