• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

COMAND APS bluetooth with Samsung Omnia

Guest NCS

Help...

My car is fitted with the latest COMAND APS.

GPS Navigation, DVD video, etc woks perfectly... but the telephone bluetooth function got problem.

My wife Nokia N73 work perfectly on the COMAND APS but my Samsung Omnia got problem bluetooth with COMAND APS, it connect and cut at about every few sec. The salesman say "window mobile" base phone got problem with COMAND APS bluetooth. Is it true??

Anyone got solution besides changing my phone...? :(

Guest morganoh

Help...

GPS Navigation, DVD video, etc woks perfectly... but the telephone bluetooth function got problem.

My wife Nokia N73 work perfectly on the COMAND APS but my Samsung Omnia got problem bluetooth with COMAND APS, it connect and cut at about every few sec. The salesman say "window mobile" base phone got problem with COMAND APS bluetooth. Is it true??

I'm using the samsund i900 omnia too.

this is what I experience,

very very difficult to get it to pair up with the car bluetooth.

took me at least 8-15 tries trying to pair with the car. (around 15mins)

(I did this 5-8 times, cos I reset my samsung 6 times and reload the firmware 3 times.)

after each reset or reloading firmware , I will hav to repair with the car again

but after the pairing is complete, the car's bluetooth hav no problem connecting to my samsung immediately after I start my car

and stay connect till I shutdown the engine.

Help...

Not sure how true, but that might be the case.. haha...

Was using a HTC Touch and couldn't pair it up as well (tried and tried til give up), but once changed to Samsung F480 worked fine.

Guest kepiting1sg

Help...

Not sure how true, but that might be the case.. haha...

Was using a HTC Touch and couldn't pair it up as well (tried and tried til give up), but once changed to Samsung F480 worked fine.

IMHO,

I m no bluetooth expert but from my own experiences, not all bluetooth devices are universably pairable to all other bluetooth devices.

I've no problem with many bluetooth handphones pairing with my SE Bluetooth car kit but my N95 8Gb just refused to pair with it.

I've long surrendered and pair it with my Garmin GPSr Bluetooth instead.

I give up bluetooth Samsung Omnia with COMAND APS... :(

My advise is next time before buy phone, try bluetooth using your friend one (if they have) before choosing the model. I think all Nokia phones should be quite safe to bluetooth with COMAND APS. :)

Guest dsclaymr

Hi guys,

I have 2 of my PDA phones (HP & OMNIA) paired with little or no problems.

The trick to pairing the PDA phones (WM 5, 6, etc.) was to get both the COMAND APS and your phone to 'see' each other (or the more correct term would be to discover each other). Then initiate the pairing through your phone rather then by the COMAND APS.

I had problems pairing my HP when I tried to use the COMAND APS to pair, but through trial and error discovered that initiating the pairing through the phone works!

Been using the method to pair my HP & OMNIA since (had to repair because of firmware upgrades, hard resets, etc).

All the best to pairing your OMNIA!

Give me a buzz if you need more details and have problems :)

Hi guys,

I have 2 of my PDA phones (HP & OMNIA) paired with little or no problems.

The trick to pairing the PDA phones (WM 5, 6, etc.) was to get both the COMAND APS and your phone to 'see' each other (or the more correct term would be to discover each other). Then initiate the pairing through your phone rather then by the COMAND APS.

I had problems pairing my HP when I tried to use the COMAND APS to pair, but through trial and error discovered that initiating the pairing through the phone works!

Been using the method to pair my HP & OMNIA since (had to repair because of firmware upgrades, hard resets, etc).

All the best to pairing your OMNIA!

Give me a buzz if you need more details and have problems :)

Thanks, can you advise step by step the procedure how you pair?

Actually I can get connected by "External authorisation"...

but my problem is the bluetooth keep "connect" --> "cut" --> "connect" every few sec, that make me impossible to make a call from COMAND APS number pad. Because during "cut", it will assume I am keying the radio memory station. But my wife Nokia N73 can get "connect" 100%.

Sorry, I don't know my COMAND APS is which model... :D

It's okay if it is too troublesome to describe... cheers ;)

I have found the web manual... looks like it only support Apple, Motorola, Nokia, SonyEricsson, BlackBerry... :whip2:

http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual-cars/ba/cars/251/en/communication/index.shtml

My COMAND APS looks exactly like the below link, with a SD slot in the center...

http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual-cars/ba/cars/251/en/overview/comand.html

Hi all,

Thanks for all the input.

Great news. I already know the method and have finally connected Omnia to COMAND APS normally :clap:

Two very important point for bluetooth "Window Mobile" phone.

1) Must scan from your phone using bluetooth by "External authorisation" function on COMAND APS. It will appear "MB Bluetooth" in your phone.

Do not attempt to scan from COMMAND APS, it works only for non "Window Mobile" phone like Nokia.

2) Under "MB Bluetooth" device in your phone, must click as "Hands Free". I miss out this item... that's why it connect and cut every few sec :angry3:

• 1 month later...

Just curious, anyone has any difficulties pairing your iPhone 3G to Comand APS? I am about to buy an iPhone this weekend.

i had did mine but it will always disconnect, pls note.

Guest tategoi

Just curious, anyone has any difficulties pairing your iPhone 3G to Comand APS? I am about to buy an iPhone this weekend.

i had did mine but it will always disconnect, pls note.

Do you know why?

Guest tategoi

Did not go thru the hassle to find out cos i dont think is friendly while driving. Had change back my basic phone, kept the iphone as 2nd phone.

Like that I better stick to my Nokia. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Did not go thru the hassle to find out cos i dont think is friendly while driving. Had change back my basic phone, kept the iphone as 2nd phone.

Like that I better stick to my Nokia. Thanks.

Actually most of the phones can connect... Samsung, etc also can.

At first I don't know and started this post to complain and seek advise. Only the 1st time pairing is a bit tricky......