• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How to fit K&N drop in filter into C180 - W204??

Guest NewC180

Guest NewC180

Hi Guys/Gals,

I've just bought a new K&N drop in filter for my C180-W204.

Happily open the bonnet to change it, and discover that I couldn't find where the air filter is!

Anyone knows where is the air filter and how to change it yourself? Lazy to go to the workshop...

Thanks!

This lesson teaches you that.....

You are not a qualified to open the bonnet.....leave it to the workshop , they need a living and they have family to support :devil:

Do come by this month end GTG, I put it in for you......Need to arouse her.....lub liao than easy to put it in la...

I bought 2 filters this morning, one for my 523 an the other for my c180. Popped in the 523 in less than a minute, but having problems with the c.....

like what 9339 said, come down this meetup, we insert 4 u

Guest morganoh

I bought 2 filters this morning, one for my 523 an the other for my c180. Popped in the 523 in less than a minute, but having problems with the c.....

stand in front of the car facing the bonnet, open the bonnet.

theres a air intake hole on the left of the front bumper

this air intake will turn right around 40-60cm (towards 3o'clock direction) and then turn left (towards 12o'clock direction) for another 10cm before it reach a rectangular box.

There's a few screw u need to remove on the box cover, and your filter is underneath the cover.

Hope it helps

U will need the Throx screwdriver... btw anyone got any butt feel improvement, improve reving from the drop in ?

I felt zilch after popping in mine. do like never do lor.... haha...

Lucky it is a free gift from Performance products.... haha long story...

Guest NewC180

I bought the filters from a company in Genting Lane, and they are supposed to be the distributor for K&N. However, they do not provide installation. I guess I'll just go down to a workshop and get it done.

BTW, the filter is a cone shape type and not flat type, is it correct? Because the one I've got for my bmw is a flat one.

Thanks.

Guest NewC180

this air intake will turn right around 40-60cm (towards 3o'clock direction) and then turn left (towards 12o'clock direction) for another 10cm before it reach a rectangular box.

There's a few screw u need to remove on the box cover, and your filter is underneath the cover.

Hope it helps

Just changed the K&N filter at the workshop this morning. Apparently, the location of the air filter in the C200 and C180 is different. In the C180, the air filter sits somewhere on the right of the engine. You need some special allen key to open up the cover to change the filter, and the filter is cylindrical in shape. K&N P/N is E-2011. Just some info for all who are keen on this.

Guest morganoh

Hi Morganoh..

I read in the past that u used Hurricane..where and how much can I get it for...

I am not keen on KNN oil based....

Thank u....

i can really feel the diff immediately after I install the stainless steel mesh filter.

The engine rpm rev up more easily, especially around 3500-4000rpm and above.

my initial motive for installing the stainless steel filter is to save money

cos I read from one of the members that C&C charges $70 for a filter and another $20-50 for replacing the filter.

my stainless steel filter is $150, so it more worth it before I start my 1st servicing with C&C

NewC180 ]

this air intake will turn right around 40-60cm (towards 3o' wrote:

Just changed the K&N filter at the workshop this morning. Apparently, the location of the air filter in the C200 and C180 is different. In the C180, the air filter sits somewhere on the right of the engine. You need some special allen key to open up the cover to change the filter, and the filter is cylindrical in shape. K&N P/N is E-2011. Just some info for all who are keen on this.

Hi, mind to share where to buy at Genting lane? Add & Co name?

Guest NewC180

mmkm ]

this air intake will turn right around 40-60cm (towards 3o' wrote:

Hi, mind to share where to buy at Genting lane? Add & Co name?

Speedworks Pte Ltd: 85 Genting Lane #03-04 Guan Hua Warehouse Bldg Tel: 67437288

Hi morganoh ..

Thank u..but just curious why did u choose Hurricane over KNN?

Just in case..I am not trying to start a debate here... :punk1:

Hurricane no oil(lesser chance to fault MAF) and it is BLOODY easy to clean

KNN, altho brand is better, is oil base and u have to use cleaner to clean and reoil which is very precise cos too little, u will get bad filtration, too much and u get ready to buy a new MAF

just my 2cents

• 4 weeks later...

KNN, altho brand is better, is oil base and u have to use cleaner to clean and reoil which is very precise cos too little, u will get bad filtration, too much and u get ready to buy a new MAF

just my 2cents

But if U do it well, the filtration will be better right? :clap:

Guest morganoh

just my 2cents

But if U do it well, the filtration will be better right? :clap:

but can u or the workshop guy really do a go job in oiling the knn filter?

do u want to risk damaging the MAF which may cost thousand of dollars (sorry I dont know whats the actual price)

The risk is definitely lower if u used a Stainless Steel filter.

But no Risk if u use the paper filter.

Even though the stainless steel filter does not work as well as knn and paper,

it does not concern me as I change my oil every 5000km as compare to most who did theirs every 10000km.