• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Is the CLK on the same chassis as the W203?

Guest AL

Does anyone know whether the CLK convertible (W208?) is on the same chassis as the W203?

I would guess that the CLK is probably heavier as it is a soft-top. Does anyone have the exact weight?

Finally, would any owner here please tell me - does the soft-top mechanism rattle or creak when the car is moving?

Thanks guys!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is quoted from MA

"The current Mercedes-Benz CLK is something of an enigma - built around the C-Class platform, styled like the E-Class, and priced in between the two, the car sits in its own unique segment and has no direct competition from its German rivals. "

so the current W209 is using the W203 platform style like W211

so as W208 using W202 platform style like W210

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info. I had actually meant the W209, not the older W208, sorry.

I conclude that perhaps the W209 is indeed based on a modified W203 chassis.

(if someone can check on their wheelbase and track dimensions to see if they are similar?).

I found this in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W209

The Mercedes-Benz W209 cars have been produced since 2002. They are sold under the CLK-Class model names. The W209 is based on the W203 C-Class. It replaced the C208 CLK-Class after 2004 which were the first car to carry the CLK moniker.

The W209 is available in two body styles, a coupe and a cabriolet, and is manufactured with diesel and petrol engines ranging from four cylinder (CLK200) to eight cylinder (CLK500 and CLK63AMG). The cabriolet (Designated with an A, as in CLK500A) features a fully automatic retractable soft top covered by a metal tonneau that can be raised and lowered from outside the vehicle using the key fob.

A W209 CLK AMG DTM was produced as a MY2006 in both a coupe and later cabriolet model. Styling cues were taken from the C-Class race car used for the German Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters racing series. The car includes a wider body, rear wing spoiler, carbon fiber accents, and upgraded suspension.

• 4 months later...
Guest angela

sorry guys..m looking at coupe nia..paiseh..i stay HDB la..cannot park soft top..dangerous.. :angry3:

oh no problem i can drive it home for you every night.

:evlaugh: :evlaugh: :evlaugh: