• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My Experience with the New Good Year Eagle F1 Asymmetric Tyres

Guest angela

My Personal Experience

EF1ASMT.jpg

Good year Eagle F1 Asymmetric

A giant leap for confident cornering

High performance vehicle owners still look for safety first when it comes to choosing a tyre, closely followed by performance and comfort. So the challenge to our engineers was to complement the predictive safety systems found on modern cars and develop a tyre that could control these powerful modern vehicles without loss of performance. The result was the Eagle F1 Asymmetric. Combining our revolutionary Active Cornergrip Technology and Racing Compound derivatives, the pressure is evenly distributed when cornering at high speeds, meaning more contact patch grips the road more of the time.

The Eagle F1 Asymmetric benefits:

1) High performance, extreme safety. Resistance to aquaplaning, wet handling

2) Better tracking and grip in wet and dry conditions

3) Ensuring a smoother, quieter ride

Performance table

Comfort - 5 star

Dry Road - 5 star

Mileage - 4 star

Speed - 5 star

Wet Road - star

As an addition to Goodyear tires family of Eagle F1 performance car tires developed for sports cars, sporty coupes and performance sedans, the European-developed Eagle F1 Asymmetric Max Performance tires are for drivers who want to combine responsive dry road handling, wet-road traction and cabin ride comfort. Adding the Eagle F1 Asymmetric to the ongoing Eagle F1 GS-D3 (tuned for wet road hydroplaning resistance and traction) and the Eagle F1 All Season (capable of delivering year-round performance, including cold weather handling and light snow traction) means that Goodyear now offers Eagle F1 performance tires for all seasons and all reasons!

Because the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric tire’s unveiling to members of the media would precede the tire’s availability to North American tire dealers, Goodyear conducted an introductory event in Los Angeles, CA. In addition to offering insight into the Eagle F1 Asymmetric tire’s development and technology from Goodyear’s American and European representatives, the event included the opportunity for the journalists to experience Eagle F1 Asymmetric tires on a variety of cars while driving on L.A.’s freeways and carving the canyons of the Angeles Crest Highway, as well as to make comparison runs on an autocross course.

Goodyear provided Eagle F1 Asymmetric tires equipped sports cars (Porsche Cayman S), sporty coupes (Audi TT 3.2 quattro), and performance sedans (Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG) with Original Equipment-sized tires inflated to the vehicle manufacturers’ recommended cold tire inflation pressures at the beginning of the day. The Eagle F1 Asymmetric tires provided competent and capable handling on the canyon road’s twists and turns that was entirely appropriate for tires in the Max Performance Summer tire category along with noise levels that were unusually quiet and ride qualities that were favorably comfortable.

Goodyear also provided rear-wheel drive the sporty BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0is for participants to compare tires on a traffic cone-defined autocross course. Half of the Z4 Roadsters were equipped with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric tires and the other half were on Bridgestone’s Potenza RE050A Pole Position tires. While the autocross experiences weren’t timed, subjectively the new Eagle F1 Asymmetric quickly showed it offered competitive traction and handling compared to one of the Max Performance Summer tire category’s popular products.

Brochure: http://eu.goodyear.com/uk_en/images/Eagle_F1_Asymmetric_tcm64-17739.pdf

For more information, visit below link:

http://www.goodyear.com.sg/f1asymmetric/index.html

I was told this tyre grip very well so when left the workshop travelling along AYE i tried making a fast exit into Buona Vista i was shock with the road holding of the tyres, not even a squeezing sound.

bro, take care not to whack too hard during the new tyre scrub-in period.

Guest Cklasse

Me too had just swapped my GoodYear F1 GSD3 to this new F1 Assymetric tyre. The F1 GSD3 has been on my W203 for more than a year and it has performed wonderfully. I liked the "palm tree" pattern of the F1 GSD3 water channel and can swear that it is one of the best wet weather tyres around.

My first impression of this new F1 Assymetric tyre was it had lost the "palm tree" water channel. Instead it has that distinct thick block of rubber on the outer compared to the inner and 3 big water channels. Now the "palm tree" channels have proven that it cuts water at a relatively high speed without much problem. The tyres seemed to know my doubts and created the situation this evening to prove its worth.

It rained heavily today when I knocked off from work; the kind of rain that will make a silver car without lights disappear in a few cars ahead. The F1 Assymetric performed beautifully across water puddles along PIE and TPE (ok, it's a new tyre no doubt). It has proven enough that it can take in water like a crocodile charging into water and channel the water away fast enough to drive the car at a reasonable speed along the expressway without hogging the lane.

As for the road holding, I have not pushed the tyres round a bend fast yet until it has settled down for a couple of kilometers. Then again, this tyre is sitting under a car driven by this uncle here, so it will not see any chance of performing on track or getting pushed too harshly.

Comfort wise, it is quieter than the F1 GSD3 (again it is new but I will note the sound level as the km builds up). The feel on straight road is grippy when it was driven to 140 km/h. So it is definitely worth its place on a Mercedes-Benz...heh heh...I am waiting to push it to 200 km/h on the NS highway.

I knew of another member who had changed to the F1 Assymetric and the word he used was "superb".

Let's give the tyre a chance to prove more when it has settled in, until then it has proven to be a competent all rounder so far; on dry and wet road. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kopimonster

thanks bros, for sharing your personal experiences. the reviews on this tyre have been fantastic in the media as well, i will definitly choose these over the PS2s the next time i swap tyres.

thanks for sharing your Goodyear F1 Assy experiences guys :iconsalut:

btw if you dont mind me asking how much (& for what sizes) did they cost & where did u guys sources these rubbers?

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest lightning

:hand: :hand: looks like the problem is damn serious...affecting mainly the 18" & 19"...thot many of us here are using this tyres?...many of the VAGSG folks got their tyres checked and replaced FOC...i will probably go for the check after CNY...any comments? :whistle: